How do I indent a bullet point in the iOS app?

Go to solution Solved by scojjac,

I’ve been using Evernote for years (literally). I’m a degreed software engineer and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to indent a bullet point so that it becomes a “sub bullet” when using the Evernote iOS app.

what am I missing? Any help appreciated.

• Like 5

> The bar above the keyboard scrolls horizontally; it took me a while to find it.

Wow, just wow. Thanks a ton! That was the missing puzzle piece. There's zero UI to indicate that's an option. I can now indent to my heart's content ❤️ ➡️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

If you put an indicator, you loose even more width on an already narrow screen. Is it soooo hard to try things on the UI and find out what works ?

We are not talking about controlling a nuclear plant here - you can play around without nuking your neighborhood, y‘ know …

• 2 months later...

Yes it is important and it is actually there. Note that there is a slight fade of the element on the RHS which in this case is pretty hard to see/notice but as you scroll slowly you can see the difference in the RHS bullet point icon.

Mainly pointing this out since it may come in handy if the user encounters this issue in another context.

IMG_6559.jpeg

IMG_6560.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Indenting bullet points directly isn't possible in the iOS app (yet). However, you have workarounds: 1. Use the tab key on an external keyboard. 2. Create the sub-bullet separately then drag it under its parent, indicated by a blue triangle. 3. Utilize the "Increase Indent" button in the editing toolbar on iPadOS. While not ideal, these methods should help organize your notes until native indenting arrives.