Email Client Add-Ons - Is anyone else using them as much as I am!

Something I don't see mention of much is the email client Add-ons for Evernote... I use the one in Outlook and Gmail daily. I find it's a better way for me as I can add tags, modify the note title, etc before adding the email to my notebook. 

It's a key part of my daily use of Evernote as I add important emails to my Daily Note...

Anyone else using these on a regular basis?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don_Covin said:

Something I don't see mention of much is the email client Add-ons for Evernote

I assume that's because it tends to work fairly reliably,  but yes I use redirects from my Gmail account into Evernote for some newsletters and important regular emails,  the Outlook clipper for the ones that get through but I still want a copy of the emails,  and the Gmail clipper for working away.  Sending emails I BCC a copy to myself and autoforward those mails to Evernote so I have a running history of any long email threads.  One or more of the above will be in use daily.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

I assume that's because it tends to work fairly reliably,  but yes I use redirects from my Gmail account into Evernote for some newsletters and important regular emails,  the Outlook clipper for the ones that get through but I still want a copy of the emails,  and the Gmail clipper for working away.  Sending emails I BCC a copy to myself and autoforward those mails to Evernote so I have a running history of any long email threads.  One or more of the above will be in use daily.

Sounds very similar to my workflow… and yes it is very stable with the occasional hiccup

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

My Email program is Thunderbird. There is a dedicated add-on for Evernote which I use frequently. (It can also be configured to send Emails to One Note). It works without issue but if it did stop working I wouldn't discuss it in the forums since it is a third-party application.

• Like 1

Hello,

I use the clipper numerous times a day. I can't work without it, so I have to keep working with the old version. I can't understand why the clipper is no longer supported. The immediate organization via the Clipper saves me a lot of work than doing it afterwards by forwarding the mail... That's why I constantly work with two Evernote versions. It really shouldn't be like that... :(

7 hours ago, agsteele said:

My Email program is Thunderbird. There is a dedicated add-on for Evernote which I use frequently. (It can also be configured to send Emails to One Note). It works without issue but if it did stop working I wouldn't discuss it in the forums since it is a third-party application.

Thunderbird is independent but is the Add-On? The Gmail and Outlook ones are developed by Evernote 

I use evernote with Facilethings. I put my evernote account as BBC for every mail that's actionable or I want to save, but I haven't used the add-on for outlook.

But, I think I will give it a try now. Thanks for reminding me of this function

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

@Don_Covin I actually just became a paid subscriber and was wondering if you or someone else could lead me in the right direction.

I'm looking to use EN as an email archiving system. I have the gmail add-on, as well as the forwarding email address. Just seems either or I try looks like a mess when I try to upload an older email thread I want to archive. 

Also, I sort of need to learn a "best practices" system. At what point to I EN an email if it's an ongoing thread/conversation. 

1. Email comes in. EN it?
  2. I reply, do I EN it now?
  3. Person responds. What do I do if I EN the first email or after my reply?
  4. Etc....

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

-Gaspare

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Gaspipe said:

At what point to I EN an email if it's an ongoing thread/conversation.

I think this is one of those "it depends" questions.  I use Gmail to forward some emails direct to my Evernote email address.  Those are newsletters,  updates and offers that I can look at anytime.  Ongoing responses to other emails can be BCC'd to a dummy Gmail address where again they get auto-forwarded to my account.  The layout of the emails isn't great,  but I'm looking to record the content,  not win a prize.

There's a hidden component here in that Gmail's forwarding (I found so far) is very basic.  All I can do is send the email to my account - no tags, titles or additional comments unless I add them.  And all this mail is going to the one inbox and my default account.

I also use Filterize,  which reviews all my new notes and uses the equivalent of the Gmail mail rule system to add tags,  dates,  and prefixes to my notes,  and moves them to an appropriate notebook.

There's still the issue that an ongoing email exchange will generate an increasingly long mail thread,  and I'll have a separate note with that thread for each email sent.  So when an exchange has reached an apparent conclusion,  I'll search for keywords and delete any unecessary threads from the list.

In the short term I'd suggest you forward routine stuff,  BCC and forward the mails that need individual replies,  and move your notes around manually!

New to evernote and have just applied the evernote add on for gmail. I use two gmail accounts. Do you know if I can use this add on for both accounts coming into the one evernote account?

• Like 1

Not sure to be honest. I’ve only ever used one Gmail account. The addon is associated with your Evernote account so it shouldn’t matter which Gmail account it’s coming from. I have a Gmail and Outlook account that point to my Evernote account 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, mbk147 said:

New to evernote and have just applied the evernote add on for gmail. I use two gmail accounts. Do you know if I can use this add on for both accounts coming into the one evernote account?

Yes, you can. I have done it. You just need to use the same EN username and password. EN doesn't care which gmail account sends it info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1