Toolbar Disappearing Version 10.29

I have this too on the iPad Pro, not on the iPhone. It is about the lower "frame" on the home screen, the bar with the "burger menu", the green "new note" button and the search button. This bar just disappears, often after switching apps. The only way to bring it back is to re-start the app. I have not had this issue since 10.30.1, so maybe it is fixed. But we are still waiting for the release notes of 10.30 and 10.30.1.

• Level 5

Now you mention it ….

No, I still have no problem with it. I just observed now when trying that when I leave a note open in „Edit“ mode, switch to another app and then back, it takes a slight moment (less than a second) until the edit toolbar reappears. The note is first opening without, but then the toolbar pops up. So maybe covered by the general term bug fixes they improved something.

Setup: iOS 15.4.1, iPad Pro 10.5, Logitech Keyboard/Case, EN 10.30 / EN 10.30.1. 

Why did it only happen on the iPad ? Maybe because with my hard keyboard, there is a sort of TouchBar right at the bottom of the screen, offering iOS editing options. This makes the EN toolbar move 1 level up. Maybe this competition for screen space was not properly coded in first place.

• 10 months later...

I just had this happen to me, i can’t reliably reproduce it but once it happens I can’t also reliably bring it back. In the most recent case, i tried to exit the note, or exit edit mode. No joy. What restored the toolbar was to switch to another app, then switch back where EN was forced to “reload” its screen. This has happened twice in the last 15 minutes.

Currently on Evernote  v10.48 (latest) running on iPad iOS 16.4(a). But I’ve seen this since starting to get back into using EverNote in December 2022.

Screenshot of the bottom of the edit window, notices that there is no tool bar that lets me pick font color, highlights, indent, etc.

image.thumb.png.c308c6c65c253a541590d0b910f7353d.png