Reordering of note in a notebook

On 4/9/2022 at 2:49 AM, lalit_rout said:

Hi All,

There is no way to reordering the notes created,if i will edit one it goes to top but could not able to bring back to sequence where it should be.

So Rearranging feature should be present.

Thanks

There are lots of ways of ordering notes in EN. It sounds like you are ordering by update date. You could try ordering by creation date or alphabetically. You will need to find a way that suits you. There is not the ability to drag a note into a particular order. However you can change the created date or title to whatever you like.

• Like 1

For the sake of discussion, how would the app know when to apply the manual drag-and-drop ordering? Would it only function on a selected notebook only and *not* when also filtering by tags or other search criteria?... Does that make sense?

For example, say I do manual drag-and-drop ordering on my "Home" notebook. And I have drag-and-drop ordering on my "Music" notebook. Now I select my "Main" stack which has both the "Home" and "Music" notebooks in it. How would Evernote then know how to order notes in that case? And the same would apply to any filters or searches that would then show notes from multiple notebooks -- how could it know to order them?

The only way I could see this possibly working is to apply it only at a specific notebook level and to not be available when you have a list of mixed notes from multiple notebooks.

• Level 5

Personally I think an option to pin notes to the top of a specific notebook would make sense.

It can be mimicked today by applying a „Pinned“ tag, which allows together with the preselected notebook to rapidly filter for notes. Downsides of this workaround is that the other notes become invisible.

Everything beyond looks like playstuff to me. Such a manual order must not only be created, it must be maintained as well. A lot of energy wasted setting and keeping it up.

• Like 1

Drag and drop to a particular notebook make sense.Today i created a note which i want to keep in seqence of topic which i created last year.But it went to top ,could n't do anything on that.If there would be a drag and drop ordering i could simply drag and put in sequence.

44 minutes ago, lalit_rout said:

Drag and drop to a particular notebook make sense.Today i created a note which i want to keep in seqence of topic which i created last year.But it went to top ,could n't do anything on that.If there would be a drag and drop ordering i could simply drag and put in sequence.

You may create a 'table of contents note' which may be sorted manually. You can do that by creating a new note with a bullet list of app links to your notes  ( multi-select the notes, right click and copy internal link | copy app link).

• Like 1