Screenshot clipping

In general I like the Windows version 10 of Evernote. The main feature that keeps me still using the legacy version, is the Screenshot Clipping by right clicking on the Taskbar icon.

Am I somehow missing it in version 10 or it’s simply not there.

If it’s not there, is it coming back?

29 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Hi, clipped on my Mac.

No discrimination needed - just watch the devs when they code away on their shiny new MacBook Pros.

Motivation is everything … 😎

🤣🤣 Guess I’ll just have to go out and get a Mac then 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Evernote Expert

To be honest a keyboard shortcut is the easiest way to go. But wait until you get Windows 11. The new OS breaks the screen clipper. At the moment the Evernote clipper fails in Win11. The Windows OS clipper intercepts the Evernote clipper.

6 hours ago, agsteele said:

To be honest a keyboard shortcut is the easiest way to go. But wait until you get Windows 11. The new OS breaks the screen clipper. At the moment the Evernote clipper fails in Win11. The Windows OS clipper intercepts the Evernote clipper.

@Reuven https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows

7 hours ago, agsteele said:

Actually, on my Windows 11 laptop I do get the clipper icon just like in my Windows 10 desktop.

7 hours ago, agsteele said:

What is the keyboard shortcut? Thanks.

• Evernote Expert
38 minutes ago, Reuven said:

Actually, on my Windows 11 laptop I do get the clipper icon just like in my Windows 10 desktop.

But the Evernote screen clipper is not working reliably on Windows 11. It is an OS issue introduced with the upgrade.

• 6 months later...

In the previous versions I could just  press a shortcut for get the screenshot, select area and that was all, I had the new note with my image.
I just cannot understand: why they just killed my the most usable feature, why I it doesn't work now as before.

I want my old evernote, without all these useless changes they have made.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

OK it seems you just found out that the app is not developed to make you (I mean YOU) personally happy. It may be that you are unhappy with this or that, but I think we can assure you it is nothing personal. The devs just have different ideas than you about what will help the average user.

Since you want none of the changes, just follow this instruction:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314

You get legacy, without any of the new features, and the best for you (I mean YOU): It will never ever update. It may fail one day, but until then it still syncs with the cloud database, so you can decide case it goes boom one day to switch to the new version then.

• Evernote Expert
30 minutes ago, Blush said:

In the previous versions I could just  press a shortcut for get the screenshot, select area and that was all, I had the new note with my image.
I just cannot understand: why they just killed my the most usable feature, why I it doesn't work now as before.

Did you read the earliest posts? Are you using Windows 11? If so, it is an OS issue.

1 hour ago, Blush said:

Alt + Ctrl + S  still works perfectly on my windows 10 desktop  (latest evernote release v10.46.7)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
15 minutes ago, randbrown said:

Another vote to add screenshots back in.

This hasn't been removed - at least not by Evernote. Microsoft has changed things in Windows 11 such that you have to use the Windows clipper but it really works just as well.

• Like 1
On 4/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, Reuven said:

In general I like the Windows version 10 of Evernote. The main feature that keeps me still using the legacy version, is the Screenshot Clipping by right clicking on the Taskbar icon.

Am I somehow missing it in version 10 or it’s simply not there.

If it’s not there, is it coming back?

Why are you bothering to "right click on the Taskbar icon"?  You can activate the crosshairs by pressing windows key+printscreen.  Actually, if you have Legacy open or minimized you can even use this technique for clipping into v10.