Evernote not working in Monterey

Just got a new Mac, backed up from my prior Mac, but Evernote now not working.

All I now get is a message saying "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote".

But every restart produces the same error. 

This is a major pain.

• Level 5*

Hi.  How did you move Evernote over?  Via backup/ restore,  or by installing a new download and logging in again.

If it was by restore,  please uninstall it and restart your Mac,  and do the download version.  Log in with your normal details and the database will be rebuilt.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 4/10/2022 at 12:03 AM, NickLongaker said:

Having the same issue, but did not get a new Mac. It seems like post-Monterey the Evernote app no longer opens. I tried re-installing and clearing. cache and still same error.

Hi.  If you're a free use,  there may be a problem with the number of devices connected to your account see Understanding the device limit for more on that.  If you're a subscriber I recommend that you reach out to Support (which is not us) so that they can assist.

• Level 5

EN works perfectly fine on Macs with MacOS 12 (Monterey). I am running EN 10.34 on MacOS 12.3.1. After a long wait, they now even have the Universal app that runs natively on Apple Silicon, without Rosetta.

So if you are a Free user, I think you collide with the device limit. It can even happen the same Mac OS not recognized as the same device. So check your devices tab in account  information, and unsync enough devices to be down to a single synced device. Then try again to sync the Macs EN install by logging it in.

If on a subscription, you can either come back here, or ask support.