Needed a spreadsheet today. Got an error, "This file isn't available offline." I wasn't offline, I was on the mobile network. Now, at home, I'm on the network and on wifi and still getting the error. File opens fine on Windows app. 

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

You don't say how you are attempting this. I happily open spreadsheets stored in Google Drive and linked into Evernote.

There was a thread a few days ago which described challenges opening attachments in Microsoft word. The issue described was connected to opening Word docs. I'd imagine you might expect there same with Excel. 

It seemed, for me to be an issue moving from the stored Evernote attachment and the M'soft app. The all would open but then the file not be found.

• Like 1

For me spreadsheet files or docs (attached files in note) never open from EN10.29 as well. The associated app is opened but returns an error that file does not exist. This happens with microsoft office app as with alternatives as well. Downloading the file works but is just a workaround. If remember correctly opening office documents directly from the note once worked well but now seems to be broken to a point.

I got in touch with support. They confirmed, that directly opening of attachments on android app has a known bug, the devs are working on. It is currently broken. Until the fix is coming we have to download the attachment as a workaround if needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Currently Broken" Well that's unusual. I think I'm going to need to create a method to deal with data I need on the Android. EN just isn't reliable. Over the last few months, I have been able to get data quick and easy about half the time and not at all the other half. Going on a trip soon where I will need access to data quickly and surely. Possibly offline. Is Google Drive a good candidate? Sad I have to ask, but it's been 18 months, I have no confidence things won't continue to be currently broken. 

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

My experience is that if I attach a Word document using the Google Drive link (blue plus button) this will open inside Word when I tap to open from inside the Android app. Presumably this is because the attachment is not stored inside Evernote and tapping the file opens directly from Drive. But it would be a workable solution until the attachment issue is fixed.

• 2 weeks later...