The ability to copy and paste out of Evernote into other apps should be basic.

claysus

Idea

The subject field sums up the issue. Numerous other posts about this and I see no response from EN ??  At least you could make sympathetic noises or something no? At least _say_ you're working on it? (And, no, the fix that a few other people have found _on their own without help from you guys_ - of using the EN web version instead - did not work for me.)

I just checked to make sure I was remembering correctly that my billing cycle rolls over 11/30 - so I have about two weeks (for you) to figure this out before I cancel my Premium account, which I have had for 4-5 years, after having a basic account for about 10 years before that. Obviously I have been happy with EN, but also loyal to you guys during prior phases of change (which always worked out but were never quite as exasperating as the current one).

Of course many other things have changed with the new EN version - I have either learned to deal with or figured out workarounds for the problematic ones, e.g. having notes appear to be completely empty about every 3 days, so I have to close and reopen to wake everything up again - a sizeable pain yet I forbear.

But this is a deal breaker. I teach French online and being able to put images in EN to use as conversation prompts has been invaluable, especially being able to scan my notes quickly to find the perfect image for today's class etc. Alas, no more.

Please figure this out or at least respond so we know someone is thinking about it (or at least is sympathetic). I'm going to teach my classes and then spend the weekend making sure everything is backed up and googling "alternatives to Evernote" so that I can get ready to close my account. Even a simple message from you with a virtual "Awwww" and pat on my back (to say nothing of a solution) would keep me in the fold, FWIW.

Thank you.

• Like 3

i dont know if anyone has tried this workaround

i tried sharing my own note from the EN app using shareable link, and then i opened that link in the browser. this works for me! i can copy my images to microsoft word

I find it difficult to believe that the only way to retrieve an image from Evernote is with and external snipping app.

That is basic stuff. Despite all the complaints from other users, . It still hasn't been fixed.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, C. Ness said:

I find it difficult to believe that the only way to retrieve an image from Evernote is with and external snipping app.

Hi.  It's not the only way.  What are you actually trying to achieve?

23 hours ago, C. Ness said:

That is basic stuff. Despite all the complaints from other users, . It still hasn't been fixed.

Evernote is a note taking app,  not a page layout service;  it's aimed at saving information for future reference.  There's nothing to 'fix' since being some sort of photo store was never on offer and Feature Requests are just that - suggestions that Evernote might follow up if they -and other users- see merit in the idea.

• Level 5
On 4/4/2022 at 10:39 PM, C. Ness said:

That is basic BS.

Click on picture - copy - „go to target“ - paste. 

At least it works like this on the Mac - or with drag & drop, in and out. On Windows it may be the object (picture) still needs to be dropped on the desktop first, then picked up again and moved to the final destination.

Oh yes, if you insist you can apply your snipping app as well - just do it if it sparks joy …

gaz[umpd, all I want is to retrieve something I saved to use in another program..

Cut/copy/paste work fine internally, but I cannot paste to any other program.

What is the point of saving something, if not for later use?

Pink Elephant. NO, it will not paste into external programs. I have tried Netscape, Edge, Word and several others.

I am not the only person with this problem. There are other people on discussion.evernote.com complaining about the same problem.

But I see you are using a Mac, so perhaps it is a Win10 problem

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, C. Ness said:

There are other people on discussion.evernote.com

Hi again - can you give the URL for that discussion?  It's possible I guess that if you clipped or copied from some websites that protect their content rather well it will be difficult to use that content anywhere else.  But if you have an image in a note you should have a choice of copy/ paste,  drag & drop,  'save attachments' (which puts your images on the desktop) or print to file (which gets your image[s] into a document you can edit further).  In some cases,  due to the wonders of Windows clipboard,  it's necessary to copy / paste to desktop first,  then copy from there,  but there should always be a way... 

• Like 1

Not even. These are images that were previously clipped and saved into Evernote.

I just tried to clip an image from a note  and paste it here. It would not even do that although it will paste into a note, the same or different.

I tried drag and drop as well and this and  "Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead" 
 The image is not RTF it is a PNG.

gazpumped, one (of several) IRLs for previous complaints is

(The following image is not on the web page. This image only exists on this message board where I pasted the link for you.

Clicking the title will still work. It is an active discussion w/ the last entry in Feb 2021. .)

My EV is version 10.33.5-win-ddl-public (3295) AFIK current. Last updated last week.
Editor: v144.1.17876
Service: v1.49.2

Pink Elephant says:   Drag & drop them to the desktop, drag & drop them anywhere.

PRESUMING YOU HAVE DESKTOP LANDSCAPE SHOWING WHILE YOU ARE USING BOTH PROGRAMS.

Even with 34" monitors that may well be a non-viable option. 

Using snipping tool to copy your image will do the job EV refuses to correct. But it still seems like scratching your back by reaching under your butt. Every other program uses <ctrl>C <ctrl>V  across  program lines. Why doesn't Evernote?

• Evernote Expert
2 minutes ago, C. Ness said:

Every other program uses <ctrl>C <ctrl>V  across  program lines. Why doesn't Evernote?

Because it is broken and the issue is acknowledged but a solution hasn't been found...

It did work once but then failed again.

The only answer will be to keep raising it directly with Evernote support until a solution is found. It remains a Windows issue...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
55 minutes ago, C. Ness said:

Clicking the title will still work.

So I merged these two discussions since they're on the same subject.  I understand that Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V doesn't work, but several work-arounds have been posted in this long thread,  so I see no point in arguing discussing further. @agsteele already made the point that if this is affecting you adversely,  feed it back to Evernote or raise a Support ticket and they'll have more incentive to fix it - plus additional information on where and how it occurs,  which might assist them.

[Generally - if there's a thread dealing with your issue,  please add to that thread (unless it's very,  VERY old!) rather than starting a new one.]

I got a response from Evernote!

(emphasis mine)

:I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, so that we can deal with this immediately. Please know that this is a known limitation to the new Evernote for desktop — both for Windows and Mac.
Our development team is working to have it fixed soon. While I do not have a definitive time frame for the fix, please make sure your Evernote application has automatic updates enabled so that you are able to download the update as soon as its available.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, C. Ness said:

this is a known limitation to the new Evernote for desktop — both for Windows and Mac.

OK OK - it's rude to gloat...  we're only users around here.  You were right and we might have been a little teeny bit wrong... It happens. 

It's funny though that some users don't seem to have this issue and others do.  Maybe it depends on which version of the OS you're running...   ;)

Didn't mean to gloat. All I wanted to do it wake up the people at Evernote. (I actually thought you were an employee. They are so busy adding new features that the basics get left behind.

There are other queries about this that are even older but closed w/o being answered.

I have another errata in that they haven't responded to, Their main Web page has a bad link ... to their own site main page!  Support/Troubleshooting will take one to Account & Billing

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 3:04 AM, ranzzit said:

Same issue for me too. Let me give an example.

Step 1: Take a screenshot in Mac

Step 2: Paste it in Notes (Apple's default note app)

Step 3: Copy that image from Apple notes

Step 4: Paste it into Evernote

Nothing happens. We cannot copy paste images from Apple Notes to Evernote

I'm on a Mac and just did what you listed here and no issues with pasting.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:06 PM, gazumped said:

I understand that Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V doesn't work

Just wanted to mention that this seems to be an issue that is randomly showing up for users. When I tested the steps that @ranzzit mentioned above I used keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste and it worked fine. Now, I should mention to be transparent that I am running a developers beta of macOS and iOS and haven't had this issue. Usually it's the other way around when I have something break and I know it's due to the beta.

• Like 1

Seems like there is still no fix in the latest Evernote version for a simple copy and paste. 

It is working fine in Evernote Legacy for me, I use Legacy day to day and have been a premium user since 2011. 

• Level 5

I just did a brief test using Evernote for Windows v. 10.47.7 on a Windows 10 laptop. I right-clicked on an image, selected copy, and then tried pasting into MS Word and into TextMaker, a Word alternative. I did this for several images in several notes, and found that most .PNG and .JPG images pasted successfully, but that one or two .JPGs failed to paste into either program. So there may be an issue with certain images from certain sources, but no problem with others.