Duplicating multiple notes

This no longer seems possible? I'm sure I would normally select multiple notes, then right-click and select 'duplicate'.

I don't see this option anymore... the only way I can duplicate is using the 'three dots' in the top right corner, but then it only lets me duplicate one note at a time?

• Level 5*

I wouldn't have thought that the developers would have immediately thought: "duplicate multiple notes - that's what we need to allow..."

I can genuinely say that in (around) 12 years of using Evernote that's something I have NEVER done.  Is there a specific reason you'd need to do this?

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

I wouldn't have thought that the developers would have immediately thought: "duplicate multiple notes - that's what we need to allow..."

I can genuinely say that in (around) 12 years of using Evernote that's something I have NEVER done.  Is there a specific reason you'd need to do this?

I've been using Evernote for 11 years, and have always had the ability to do this until recently... It's a big long-winded to explain the reasons for me needing this feature. I just don't get why it's suddenly been removed.

• Level 5

V10 is out since quite a while. It never had this feature. If you mean that version you have not used it in years - nothing changed „recently“.

You can still install and use the legacy client, if this is of any help. Have not tried …

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I've just stumbled across this too. I used the legacy version until the bitter end and now had to switch to the current one on 23.3.24. Overall a great experience, Evernote really did a good job. BUT: I also liked the opportunity to select several notes at once and then duplicate them. And it's a shame that a technically quite simple action is simply no longer there. For me, Evernote has always been a programme in which everyone can follow their own workflow. And for some people, like me, for example, it is important that I can treat the notes in the list view in a similar way to data or folders in the Finder on a Mac. And this also means that I can duplicate them, for example, or drag them to another notebook by holding down the Alt key and copying them there. I've been using Evernote since 2012.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Would it help to export those several notes to an ENEX file,  then re-import the same notes to create duplicates?  If you need to duplicate the same note(s) frequently you could save them as templates...

• Like 1

For some inexplicable reason, they decided to eliminate actions that could be applied to several notes selected in the legacy version. Thus, it is not possible to duplicate a number of notes, nor is possible to save the attachments of several notes selected.

The latter has a work around: select the notes and export them to HTML, then go to the folder and find the attachments there. Move them to the target folder.

This is tedious but can be done. 

For the problem of the OP: yes, you can export them (only ENEX works, HTML export ist seriously broken in V10) and reimport them. 

This is outrageously tedious. 

My use case was for this: select a few note that need to be not just in the current notebook but also in an other one (E.g. Because that is shared or just for resilience) and move the duplicates. 

This cannot be done anymore and the workaround is ludicrous. 

Regrettably, you often get the "advice" here: "who needs that?".

Edited by Razmataz
Edited for clarity: the advice is often "who needs that?"
  • Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Razmataz said:

Regrettably, you often get the "advice" here: who needs that?

Someone who'd like to duplicate notes and didn't realise there actually is a way to do it?

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Someone who'd like to duplicate notes and didn't realise there actually is a way to do it?

Sorry, I am lost: what is the way to do it? (without export/import)?

• Level 5*

There is no way to do it without export/ import,  but if you need to duplicate a note and there's a work-around to achieve that aim,  it seems sensible to be aware of the option.  You could also complain that Evernote don't offer a more direct approach,  but that won't get the job done now which may be the priority.  OP's choice what,  if anything to do.

• Like 1