In making the Android 'app' better, it's now almost useless

One of the long time issues with v10 Android app is that syncing isn't happening in a timely fashion.

Now, every time I open the app, I can see it syncing. That's good. The problems is, I can't do anything until it's done. And it's every time whether a few minutes or a few days since I used the app. And if it's been a few days, I can plan on waiting 20-30 minutes before I can use it, which renders it useless. 

The (to me) easy work around is to allow the syncing to happen in the background. Ideally, if the app isn't running, but at least allow me to minimize it or use another app while syncing is happening. Now, if I see the syncing start and open another app while I am waiting, it appears to suspend the sync until I come back to it. 

There have been a lot of improvements with the Windows app, and if they ever fix export notebook as PDF, I am happy with it. But at not time in the last year and a half has the Android app been consistently usable for any period of time. 

• Like 2

Yes. 10.29. Just updated Home on my laptop, went to phone and screen was correct within seconds. Sitting in my chair at home. Tomorrow when I'm out, the phone app will take 20 minutes. No consistently. 

• Thanks 1