Avoiding change of font in a note...!?

When I am using a personal template with another font than "sans serif" everything works fine until I do insert a picture. After the insert the font has switched to "sans serif" and I have to adjust it manually again... 🙄

Can I avoid this?

2 hours ago, wolffnoteDACH said:

When I am using a personal template with another font than "sans serif" everything works fine until I do insert a picture. After the insert the font has switched to "sans serif" and I have to adjust it manually again... 🙄

Can I avoid this?

it has nothing to do with the personal template. You can reproduce this in any note. If the picture is at the end of the text, all text typed below the picture will be "sans serif", which is definitely a bug.

A possible "work-around" is to type one or more new lines at the bottom of the note, and insert your image one line above these. This way your font will remain unchanged.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, wolffnoteDACH said:

Thanks for your reply. OK, I will try to go with your advice, though I do think using a template with a specific font should make sure to have the chosen font "by default" all the time...

The fonts are not very "sticky" and tend to revert to sans serif as you have noticed. 

The answer is to change the text to sans serif and then update the normal text to match.

image.png.ad0ca813b84f4d40e2d9001daba3593f.png

This should solve it. The updated style is also remembered if you save it as a template. As an aside this is a good work around if you want a different default font. Set up a blank note as you want it, save it as a template and create all new notes from that template.

Obviously this doesn't work if you want to use a range of different fonts in the note.

• Level 5

The editor we use today in v10 is nothing improved over years. It is completely new, if looked from a code base. And it was developed for simplicity.

Up to now no changes have been made to it since it launched. We have to assume what we have is there by design.

The possibility to change the standard font is among the most requested features since it launched.

Well, as I said: It is from my point of view. I am working with Evernote since 2008 and do find the new editor a little bit too simple compared to what is (theoretically) possible and to what is existing "out there". 

Let's hope that some of the feature requests find their way into the design quite soon. 😉