Open two notes simultaneously

13 hours ago, Joe montroy said:

I need to be able to open 2 notes at the same time, when will evernote get around to this???

You can already do this in the desktop versions (macOS, Windows). Just double click on a note in the notes list. This will open the note in a new window. You can then open more notes in separate windows in the same way.

There is currently no way to do this in the web version or in the mobile versions (iOS/iPadOS, Android). I still hope that they will implement multi-window in Evernote for iPadOS some day to make it possible.

In the web version, just click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the note, copy internal link, copy web link, and paste it into another tab. 

I have put in a feature request to Evernote to have an "open in new tab" option there. 

I have 3 Evernote tabs automatically open when I start up Chrome - Home, Projects, Quick Ref - for work. Then I open others, like meeting notes, in other tabs.

12 minutes ago, Dave Andrade said:

In the web version, just click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the note, copy internal link, copy web link, and paste it into another tab. 

No, this does not work in the current ("new") version of the web version. I get a "Multiple tabs not supported in this browser." message. But maybe it works in Chrome. I use the default browser on my Mac, Safari.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 12:13 PM, gewappnet said:

No, this does not work in the current ("new") version of the web version. I get a "Multiple tabs not supported in this browser." message. But maybe it works in Chrome. I use the default browser on my Mac, Safari.

Must be a Safari issue. Works in Chrome. Right now I have 6 Evernote tabs open.

• Level 5

As I understood the message that pops up there is something missing in Safari to enable multiple tabs. It does not look like EN blocking anything, it looks as if some resource is called, does not exist, and that stops the process.

Luckily not only Chrome allows multiple tabs, Firefox does so as well.

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

As I understood the message that pops up there is something missing in Safari to enable multiple tabs. It does not look like EN blocking anything, it looks as if some resource is called, does not exist, and that stops the process.

The message comes obviously from Evernote and not from Safari. Therefore they failed to implement it on Safari and block this functionality. Maybe it is lazy programming or there was actually a good reason in the past. But I am pretty sure it would work with the current version of Safari if they would just unblock it.

You can actually unblock it yourself by using the developer menu in Safari and changing the browser id to Chrome. After that everything works perfectly with more Evernote windows.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I see no reason to block any browser. Maybe just sloppy programming.

In fact I don't really care that much - to me it was more critical that EN-web in Safari on the iPad completely crashed when you opened a note and typed a single character. My web client is now on 10.33, and it does not crash any longer.

So there is hope - and it proves they are willing and able to fix issues specific to Safari.

• 1 year later...