Can’t un-sync an iPhone that no longer exists.

I got a new iPhone and erased my old one. Evernote keeps kicking me out and making me unsync my old phone. I only get 2 unsyncs and have used them both on the same phone within 15 minutes apart.  Now I can’t use Evernote on my new phone without upgrading plans. Seems like i’m being forced to upgrade. 

• KenParker changed the title to Can’t un-sync an iPhone that no longer exists.
  • Level 5

You sort of messed up the unsync sequence. When you get rid of a device, split it away from your account first. Log out of the client, then unsync. You probably stayed logged in, and tried to get rid of it then.

The simplest way is now indeed to subscribe for a month, sort out the devices hodgepodge, and let yourself fall back to Free after that.

The Free client is only meant for free (sic), basic (sic) use. It has its limits, and EN is enforcing them since 2 years. Before it was easy sailing, no real pressure on taking the rules serious. This has changed, and I think it is more efficient to spend the month of subscription than trying to work around it somehow.