Formatting with Checkboxes

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

I'm using a template I found on Evernote that uses checkboxes. When I try to add a new checkbox, the existing ones get indented, greyed out, and have strikethrough line added. I don't want any of that. I just want a new checkbox.

I have clicked on the dropdown arrow in the box but there isn't an option to "un"-indent. I can fix it, but doing so is labor intensive. I delete the checkbox, then add a new one.

Any help is appreciated.

Chip

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 4.36.26 PM.png

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

You are experiencing the new checklist format. Check boxes need to be surrounded by other text or they will be converted to the new format.

You will find many discussions of this change in the forum's. A quick search should help you.

• Level 5

If you want to convert a checklist back to checkboxes, select the list, and first switch the checklist formatting off.

Now with the list still selected go to the blue + and select the checkbox. It will not set one checkbox, but will add a checkbox in front of all text rows.

In general I warn against these tricks - you invest time and effort, just to see it to be autoconverted again on the next occasion.

• Like 1

agsteele - 

I'm sorry I didn't check that first. I should have. Yes, it seems that this is a frustration going back a while. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

PinkElephant - 

Yes, I see what you mean about it changing again on the next occasion. Very frustrating.