Evernote is deleting audios after recording

A few months ago Evernote started failing as described on this post, files could not be attached (I have a Note 10 phone as that user, maybe it's not a coincidence). I used to update the app frequently, but the problem persisted for a long time (2 months~). A week ago I came back and it seems like now audios can be recorded, but they are randomly deleted after I save the changes in the note. I haven't found the pattern that's causing this, it just seems to be random.

I'm confident to discard the following possible root causes:

• I have plenty of space in my phone, so it should be possible to save the file locally
  • I'm paying a premium account, so the file limit is higher for me, but even with that, the audios are "small" (around ~15Mb), they are well within the margins of the the established file limits
  • I have enough space left on the cloud (More than 9Gb), so it can't be because I have filled it
  • The app is not being closed afterwards
  • None of the audios are in the thrash

I still need to determine if:

• It's happening both on WiFi and mobile data
  • If it's happening right after saving the note or the precise timing of the event

I've been a user for many years now, and it baffles me to hit this bump with a service that has been around for so long (and with something that seems like a basic functionality). I hope the devs can do something about it, audio recording is a very important feature for my work life

• Phone : Galaxy Note 10+
  • Evernote version : 10.29 (1121520)
  • Android version : 12
  • Level 5*

Hi - around here we're mostly user-2-user,  so unless someone else has had and fixed the same issue you won't get much of a response.  I'd suggest raising this with Support for more action...

• Level 5

Why, oh why ... ?

EN invests a lot of work into their help database. It is there to be looked up. If we do, we read this:

• Warning: If your audio recording on a mobile device ... surpasses the total note size limit, your note will not sync to Evernote.

This means: No matter how much memory there is on a mobile device - once the audio recording surpasses the note upload limit, it is deleted. Gone. Lost. On v10 desktop it is possible to save the audio recording - not so on mobile.

It is fairly easy to reach the upload limit of only 25MB on a Free account. It is still within reach on a subscription account as well, where the limit is 200MB. Audio simply takes up a lot of memory. Even when within of the note size limit, when the total limit for the month is reached, it will be deleted as well. No sync = audio is lost.

As a workaround EN itself proposes in the help article to use another app for the recording, tailor it to size (maybe reduce the bit rate to shrink it), attach it to a note and sync it that way.

Source: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314418