How do I insert greek characters in the note

Hi, 

Perhaps it is simple but I cannot figure out how to insert greek characters in the note.

I prefer original 'sigma' character in my equation rather than sigma5 text description.

Thanks in advance,

Maciej

Well, there is another option: E.g. on IPhone or Ipad I can choose a greek keyboard and taht allow me to use greek letters. I am pretty sure that works for web and windows as well, so not specifically an EN option, but a system setting which is normally easy to switch. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MERY4077 said:

I cannot figure out how to insert greek characters in the note.

On windows I use the character map. Make sure you use a font that gives a unicode character. So on my system Verdana works but Symbol doesn't. Unfortunately I cannot see any way of adding a unicode character code directly into EN. That means either searching each time, having a note of characters that you copy and paste from or automating the process by using something like phrase express (not tried).

If you are not using Windows then my guess is that provided you copy and paste a rendered unicode character it will work.

image.png.25a2f50ce5c23d9e5bb36c8fd7489e57.png

3 minutes ago, ghon said:

Well, there is another option: E.g. on IPhone or Ipad I can choose a greek keyboard and taht allow me to use greek letters. I am pretty sure that works for web and windows as well, so not specifically an EN option, but a system setting which is normally easy to switch. 

Great idea. I guess on a non greek laptop keyboard for example you would need to learn which character maps to which greek letter.

• Evernote Expert

On Windows 10 you can learn the ASCII codes for the characters you regularly use and type ALT+code using the keypad on your keyboard. eg: ALT+0128 will produce the Euro currency symbol €

However, Windows 11 has disabled that function. So the character map is the first thought.  There is, though, the Windows 11 Clipboard Manager. This includes quick-ish access to language symbols. Win+V and select Language Symbols. δ Not as nifty as the ALT+code approach.

If I needed to use specific characters regularly I'd add a script to my AHK hotkeys code and create a shortcut for the characters I needed.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

It was working for me under Win 10 but I was auto-magically upgraded a week or so back and the character map no longer seems to support the ASCII character codes except for a very few not including the characters I needed :(  So ALT+0233 still works in Win 11 as does ALT+0128 to achieve €

Not wishing to cast any aspersions but you have got the keypad working? ALT+code only works from the number keys on the right hand side of a standard keyboard - not the numbers above the letters.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, agsteele said:

Not wishing to cast any aspersions but you have got the keypad working? ALT+code only works from the number keys on the right hand side of a standard keyboard - not the numbers above the letters.

Very perceptive of you - that was exactly what I was doing hence my correction posted at about the same time as your latest!

• Like 1