drag&drop link on highlighted text feature has disappeared

dreddy100

Idea

I used to be able to drag & drop a link from Safari's or Chrome's link textbox to highlighted text in Evernote, to make a link.

The current way to add a link "behind" text is very inconvenient in comparison (Right mouse click, select "Add Link", etc..).

Is there some way to get this feature back?

Thanks!

4 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, dreddy100 said:

I used to be able to drag & drop a link from Safari's or Chrome's link textbox to highlighted text in Evernote, to make a link.

I had no idea you could do that! The closest I can think of is to use the markdown style formatting. Although it is not listed in the "Auto formatting" section at the end of the list of keyboard shortcuts it does work.

1. Type your text within square brackets followed by normal brackets. e.g. [the bbc news]()
  2. Paste (drag and drop doesn't work) the web link between the normal brackets [the bbc news](https://www.bbc.co.uk/news)
  3. Hit <end> and then <enter>

You have posted in the Web client requests but you mention right clicking which is not supported. If you are using a desktop app then the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+K on windows) followed by completing the textbox is probably easier than the markdown process I've described but obviously not as cool as your old way of doing it.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

I'm runinng Windows 11 with the current Evernote desktop app and Firefox as my browser...

I just dragged and dropped a URL which is in the browser bar as: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1371294

It appeared in the note as: Thunderbird: Message retention policy not triggering deletion of old messages | Thunderbird Support Forum | Mozilla Support

I think that's what you expected...

Presuming you are using a Mac could you try with the desktop app for Mac?