How do I import my data from Notion and stop Evernote to stay in the system tray?

I am on Windows, latest Evernote Production Version and it is a hassle to import stuff. I cannot add everything manually from Notion to Evernote.

Also, I want Evernote to close as I click the close button on the Windows but it statys active in the system tray, is there anyway to disable that as there are no settings page in the new version.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I suggest some internet searches for possible shortcuts.  Broadly,  Notion has so many format options that it's impossible for Evernote (or anyone else) to write a conversion routine.  Notion -I assume- exports notes to various formats and Evernote can import, clip web pages and add attachments to notes in a variety of ways.  Which is best for your system is something only you can know.

And File > Signout (or exit) will close Evernote completely,  but you won't be able to clip web pages or save screen grabs while the app is closed.  It's designed to stay resident for a reason.

So in simpler words I cannot import my notion to evernote.

Why would I sign out to remove the App from system tray though? Most Apps work or have the option at least to disable App in system tray. I guess I will just stick to Notion. Thanks anyway.

• Evernote Expert
22 minutes ago, BrajBliss said:

So in simpler words I cannot import my notion to evernote.

Why would I sign out to remove the App from system tray though? Most Apps work or have the option at least to disable App in system tray. I guess I will just stick to Notion. Thanks anyway.

We're not Notion users so cannot help you exporting from Notion.  Broadly you need an ENEX file to import into Evernote. I've no idea if Notion can export to that format.

As @gazumped says, Evernote needs to be running in the background to do everything that it offers. Of course you could sign out but if it simply that you don't want the icon showing then use the options in Windows to hide Evernote in the tray.