Bring Tags Overview back

Alexandria
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

Before, when I clicked on tags in the menubar  all tags were shown in the main window. Now I can see only a list of tags in the tags bar. I have hundreds of  tags and I need an overview to scroll and organize them. The UX is not good with the actual vesion. Is bthere a workaround to go back to the previous version? I really need that for my work routine.

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

You can install the legacy client side by side on desktops.

I agree that for tag management, the new overview is falling short from what existed before. To send your claim to EN, use the feedback function build into the clients.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mike P said:

Not entiely sure what the problem is here. Clicking on the tag filters by that tag - either in the sidebar or the pop out. What else do you need or is it just the bigger window?

Just the bigger window. It is simply easier for me to do a cleanup and scan when I'm doing research,

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Alexandria said:

Now I can see only a list of tags in the tags bar. I have hundreds of  tags and I need an overview to scroll and organize them.

I'm not clear from your post as to whether you realise that if you click Tags in the sidebar you get a pop out tags Window. Although it does not (yet?) have all the functionaility of the legacy version you can still drag and drop to organise them, delete them rename them etc from this window. It is only a relatively narrow list and isn't the full screen you get with Legacy. Most of that functionaility is also available directly in the sidebar. The functionaility that is definitely missing is the ability to organise/delete etc more than one tag at a time.

image.thumb.png.90fdf70895dd251d9687d277311bb736.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I second that view - when you are organizing tags, you need a good overview.

For example when creating tags you often will create one that is close in meaning to another that already exists. Maybe you even use them both, interchanging without wanting it between the two.

I do some tag housekeeping from time to time, to keep them alined and weed out seldom used ones. For this the list view will simply not work. It is one of the last tasks I use legacy for - it is just a viewing issue, has nothing to do with performance.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alexandria said:

Hi Mike. My use case is that I use the tags overview for searching like in a table of contents.

Not entiely sure what the problem is here. Clicking on the tag filters by that tag - either in the sidebar or the pop out. What else do you need or is it just the bigger window?