Move to top of note content

Hello

I can move the cursor to the end of the current note content by pressing Ctrl+End, and I can select all of the text from the current cursor position to the end of the note by pressing Ctrl+Shift+End. However, I don't seem to be able to move the cursor to the top of the note by pressing Ctrl+Home, and there doesn't seem to be a key combination for selecting all of the text from the current cursor position to the top of the note.

Are there equivalent key combinations for these actions, and if not then please could they be added?

Thanks in anticipation!

On 3/23/2022 at 6:25 AM, Chris Wilcock said:

Are there equivalent key combinations for these actions, and if not then please could they be added?

You don't say what version of EN you are using. I'm going to assume Windows as you mention ctrl. For me

ctrl+Home takes me to the top of the note

ctrl+shift+Home selects all text from my cursor to the top of the note.

EN does seem to have been bugged by keyboard country issues. I'm using English (United Kingdom) keyboard. If relevant try changing your keyboard language within Windows temporarily to see if that is the problem. The same combination of keys also works for me on the web version of EN (using Chrome) so you could try that as well.

Also make sure you are on the latest version.

10.33.5-win-ddl-public (3295)
Editor: v144.1.17876
Service: v1.49.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5

On international keyboards the local combination will often show behind the menu items, if there is an equivalent. These shortcuts seem to change with localization.

Then standard OS shortcuts will work as well, if not overridden by local settings in EN.

And sometimes I simply try ...

Hello!

Thanks for this. I am on the latest version of Evernote - 10.33.5-win-ddl-public (3295), running on Windows 10

10.33.5-win-ddl-public (3295)
Editor: v144.1.17876
Service: v1.49.2
© 2019 - 2022 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I would have expected Ctrl-Home to work, but it doesn't do anything. The same key combination works in other applications, just not in Evernote.

I'll do a bit more digging...

Chris