Notes from other devices not syncing

Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Hi,

I'm using Evernote on Windows (v10.33.5) with a personal subscription.

I've noticed that when I create or update notes on my iOS device, the changes don't automatically sync to my Windows app. I need to restart my Evernote on Windows for the changes to sync through. I'm able to view these changes on Evernote Web though.

Is this a known bug? Any workaround till a fix is available? 

Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Seacube said:

changes don't automatically sync to my Windows app.

Hi.  Sync connects every device to the server and sends/ receives changes to keep each device updated.  It does not connect devices to each other.  So it takes a little time for one device to handshake its changes and then the other to update.  If you look to swop from one to the other immediately,  or try to run them side by side,  you're going to have problems. Working on one,  then moving to another within a few minutes should not be an issue.  That's a feature-not-a-bug. 

How does sync work within Evernote?

Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

It is hard to say. Syncs do, sometimes, take a few minutes.

On your desktop I'd first try File / Sign Out / Remove data from this device

Log back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.

If that doesn't fix then a complete uninstall using an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstall on Windows.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

On mobile you can force a sync in settings, syncing, sync now.

On desktop it syncs immediately. Look at the bottom right of the EN window - it usually says „All changes saved“.

Even if syncing is forced, it will not happen in a blink. A few minutes is normal before a note or change will appear on other devices.

Else follow the advise from @agsteele.

17 minutes ago, gazumped said:

So it takes a little time for one device to handshake its changes and then the other to update.  If you look to swop from one to the other immediately,  or try to run them side by side,  you're going to have problems. Working on one,  then moving to another within a few minutes should not be an issue.

In my case, the data is not coming through even after hours. Only with a restart (of the Windows app) am I able to get all notes that were created on other devices since my last restart.

26 minutes ago, agsteele said:

On your desktop I'd first try File / Sign Out / Remove data from this device

Log back in and allow your data to be rebuilt.

Logging out and logging back in fixed the problem for me. Thanks!

• Like 3