Why does Evernote need so much upgrade on weekly basis?

Every week when I opened evernote app it will asks permission for upgrade to newer version. Why? Do you really need to update the app so often? If the update is to fix bugs, can't Evernote's tech team be more responsible for their coding and having less bugs? This is so, so annoying!

Everytime when I update the app, I will need to find where the new note button is located at. Also, it takes me long to find the search button. Can't evernote team design the app in a nice and clean style, with fixed appearance and improved editing experiences? I just cannot believe with so many iterations of upgrade Evernote still couldn't fix some long-term issues such as font size/color/indent, etc.

So disappointed at Evernote team!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, wtcipher said:

Every week when I opened evernote app it will asks permission for upgrade to newer version

If that's really happening to you on a weekly basis,  you're doing something wrong.  Updates happen every 3-4 weeks and do not relocate buttons or search boxes.  If you'd like any suggestions about ways in which you might mitigate some of these issues,  it would be helpful to know what sort of device you have,  what OS it runs,  and which Evernote client you use (mobile / desktop / web etc.) 

If you're a subscriber,  you can also contact Evernote Support (which is not us) to check over your installation.

As a footnote,  updates are generally a Good Thing,  because they fix bugs and security holes and add new features.  Every app you use will (mostly) do updates - your browser is probably doing that almost daily.  

• Like 4
  • Level 5

It is called agile software management, and it is applied by more and more developers.

Changes will be more incremental than huge, bug fixes will be fast. 

It is fine with me - before v10 launched and the new method was applied, we had to wait for months until a bug in a legacy client was fixed, if ever. And we had stopped to expect changes at all - innovation was abandoned. Good old days ???

• Like 2