Teleprompter feature

Brian of Ohio

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Anybody can ask for everything, and I see the use case behind your idea.

But if I look at the current strategy of app development, EN has been generating new features possibly for all users, not for special use cases of a few.

So I think you will have to copy the content to a software that supports your teleprompter.

To reach out to EN PM, use the feedback function build into the clients.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Yeah - I have teleprompt software;  I either copy my note content and dump it into the software,  or if I edited the content to suit the new container,  I'll attach the teleprompter file to my note for possible future use.

- If you've written a note for general information I find that you often need to fine-tune it for use as a teleprompt.  Unless the font size is set to 'huge' in the note,  the content looks totally different when a normal-size note gets blown up;  you also need much less content - it makes for a better presentation if you have headlines to guide you through what to explain and in what order rather than a full text.  If you read every word from the page it tends to sound wooden and artificial. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

From my experience (did 2 years writing speeches for my boss) it is pretty hard: You need to write like you speak - not as you write.

Sure the writing could be done in EN. I used a different approach: I created an outline of the speech and the filled it in with content.

Would be good if EN supported outlining (there is another thread), but it doesn’t. Do better write it up in a software that guides you from the idea over an outline to the full talk.

Getting this to a teleprompter is then the final touch.