How do I edit a scanned business card details after saving?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I scanned numerous business cards into Evernote, but apparently didn't fully check the information that was auto-input into the data fields. I noticed that there are a couple business cards that have incorrect information, but I can't seem to figure out how to go into those fields to correct the information. Is this not an option, or am I not looking in the right place? I've tried to edit using my phone app as well as the desktop app.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you can't change the content just by clicking or selecting it,  I'd assume you won't be able to access it.  Best idea would be to screenshot the incorrect note and then annotate the picture with corrections,  or type the correction in a new text note and merge the two.

• Level 5
  • Solution

@Tarra32 Nothing easier than that (OK, little exaggeration, it is quite hidden):

When the card was created, click/tap on the header, where it says „Contact“. A pencil appears, above in the desktop app, below on mobile, Click/tap it.

A window opens, with all the extracted information in fields. They are fully editable. You can even add more information that was not extracted. Click Save, and the card is changed.

It allows you to add a new picture to an existing contact as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@Tarra32 Nothing easier than that (OK, little exaggeration, it is quite hidden):

When the card was created, click/tap on the header, where it says „Contact“. A pencil appears, above in the desktop app, below on mobile, Click/tap it.

A window opens, with all the extracted information in fields. They are fully editable. You can even add more information that was not extracted. Click Save, and the card is changed.

It even allows you to add a new picture to an existing contact.

Wow! It’s right there and hidden all at the same time just like you said! Thanks!!!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/28/2023 at 12:59 PM, hsinyue said:

I can edit all the information except the scanned image. Is there anyway to edit the image? I mean delete the old image and replace a new one.

Not as far as I know - if you have a new card you can take a new picture and maybe merge two notes together?  Don't know about deleting the old card though...

• Level 5

Using a desktop client, you click on the grey area at the top of the card. The box will show a blue rim, and 2 symbols appear on top of the page. Click on the pencil:

image.thumb.png.22195a286371e95a27f4c72895a5d2b1.png

A window appears, with all the fields of the card. Edit what you want, text (1), picture (2) add more fields (3), change the type of field (4), scroll down for additional fields (5) and finally don't forget to save (6).

image.thumb.png.23d09fef9ee161455add5ae013e2a9fc.png

On mobile, it is similar, just the UI elements are differently located.

• Like 1