Newbie with an Apple Pencil

Hi,

I’ve just upgraded to professional today and trying out Evernote,

One great advantage for me would be the ability to add a photo and write notes, scribbles etc all over it with my Apple Pencil.

I seem to be able to do this for around 10 seconds (pencil or finger) and then it just seems to stop. Am unable to write, draw or anything else with my pencil or finger.

is this a bug?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

• Level 5

It is no bug (which means a function should be there, but does not work), it is a shortcoming in iPad support by EN. You need to decide which features you want to use, those in EN or those in iOS. 

The mobile EN app is build to work on all kind of devices. They support the Apple Pencil, but only in a general sense. They do not support specific properties of iPadOS.

One of this is the Scribble feature. It converts handwriting to computer text while you write. This will not work inside of EN (at least it doesn’t on my iPad Pro 10.5 with Pencil 1).

You need to decide to keeping or switch it off. If off, it is off for all apps. You can set up a shortcut on the iPads Home Screen to make switching it easier.

Then the EN Sketch feature can only draw on a canvas, not on a background.

The EN picture annotation comes a long way, from the Skitch app. It uses the same tools (most of them …). I do not think these tools are pretty - they do the job, but that’s it.

And you can save the picture elsewhere, annotate and reimport it. It will be send to a new note, not the one where you started

These are AFAIK the options. None is really perfect. I would try them, look at what I want to do, and decide for the best.

In general I hope EN discovers the iPad one day, and makes use of its capabilities.

• Like 2