Please bring spaces to professional editiojn

Marcs

Idea

I‘d like to see the functionality of business „Spaces“ in Evernote Professional. Use case: I‘d say that a lot of people use notebooks to manage projects. I‘d be great to be able to pin a note with all tasks related to a project to a space, so that it‘s always easily accessible, without the need for workarounds.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I moved your suggestion to a votable Feature Request thread so others can indicate their support.  Short term I'd think the Home Page widgets offer some options to 'feature' notes and notebooks related to a particular project,  and Stacks already offer a way to group notebooks together.  Also you could create a Table of Contents note to act as an individual dashboard for other linked notes and notebooks related to one theme.

Home Overview :: Create a notebook stack :: Create a table of contents :: Create internal note links

• Level 5

All tasks reside in a note, and if you nest all tasks you need for a project into the same note, they are all in one place. Put the note into the project notebook, share the notebook, done.

Spaces are build to control access to a whole company information structure. Furthermore they rely on having an admin for a group, and permanent workflows and staff - as opposed to the fluent participation in projects.

To me using spaces for the described use case looks a lot like overkill - to much overhead for too little effect.

Maybe the „pinning“ of a note in a notebook would better serve your goal - this is already requested by forum users.

• Level 5

Pinning a note on top of all notes in an account is done by shortcuts - it only works for the account owner.

The typical setup for project work with Professional is to set up one notebook for the project team, and share it with all team members.

There are 2 things to remember:

Tagging by everybody but the notebook owner is only possible with tags that already exist in this very notebook. So it may be good practice to make yourself a project template notebook, with an one inside that carries all the tags useful for project work. Spaces would not change this, tags in a spaces account needs to be created by the admin before they can be applied.

Since finding notes that are shared is still not properly supported, the only efficient way to control information access with sharing is by sharing an entire notebook. Access to notes is granted and removed by moving a note in and out of this notebook. Access for a person is controlled by granting, up/downgrading or removing access for a project team member.

My idea is that being able to pin a note in that project notebook would be an efficient way to keep it floating on top of all others.

But maybe I still have not understood your use case idea.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Pinning a note on top of all notes in an account is done by shortcuts - it only works for the account owner.

Exactly - this is why I don‘t see it as a workaround in your case.

As already said, we have requests in the forum that can be voted up to allow pinning of notes in notebooks.

In general voting on feature requests may have some effect - although we have very old, much voted requests that are still not implemented.

Another way is to use the feedback function in one of the clients, to send an idea to EN PM.