Link in Evernote with a parameter - is it possible?

I need to create a link to an application that allow the link to supply the record to open.

Something like this:
P:\ProgramToOpen.exe q5562 - just need to to run this from a link in Evernote desktop.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
  • Level 5*

Hi.  If you can create a shortcut to run that link from your desktop,  you should be able to save the link to Evernote.  Whether it works from there or not is debatable - might be down to restrictions on your software accepting a link from a third party app,  or your OS blocking instructions coming from an unknown source. 

On 3/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, Bretto15 said:
Something like this:
P:\ProgramToOpen.exe q5562 - just need to to run this from a link in Evernote desktop.

Is this possible?

@agsteele's solution works perfectly. Just make a windows shortcut on the desktop and attach it to a note. You can make a link to a program or to a file by creating a link and using the following format in the link fileld within EN

file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Rons Place Apps\Rons Editor\Editor.WinGUI.exe 

Unfortunately I could not get this to work with parameters. Obviously if the file was associated with the program in Windows you could just link to the file and it would open in the appropriate program.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Dave Green said:

Could you create a .cmd file which contains the line to launch the program with parameters and then link Evernote to the .cmd file?

Good idea. Now you've mentioned it I remember that I I have succesfully in the past used a batch file in windows to do just that.