Did you find "Show Evernote content related to my web searches" useful? Please share your opinion

Hello Evernote users!

I found there is an interesting feature in Evernote - "Showing Evernote content related to my web searches."

As I scrape webpages a lot but haven't had many chances to review, this feature might help me review what I scraped, I guess. So far it is not that effective in this regard, but I'm curious what other users' experiences about this feature.

In a long run, would this be very helpful to find my saved contents again and read them?

I'm also wondering if this would help me re-discover my old notes that might spark some ideas with my ongoing projects, too.

Can you please share your experiences with me?

Show Evernote content related to my web searches.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have this feature active,  and it's generally helpful in that if I find search hits within my existing notes I can avoid duplicating the time and effort of finding the information again,  and maybe clipping web pages more than once. 

• Like 1

Yeah - I also find this surprisingly useful. I've often forget that I've already researched the "best answer" to something, and yeah - it does "spark" new ideas, on occasion.  You do need to have a fair amount of appropriate content in your EN, though, or it's just going to be like a magic 8-ball.  

• Level 5

It might be useful - if I did use Google search …

😱 Life without Google 👿☠️🤬 Impossible !

Impossible ? 🤠

Hey no, I search with DuckDuckGo 

It is a powerful search engine that will not track you - never ! It shows ads (needs to make a living), but only based on the exact search you have entered. All ad links are clearly marked as such.

DDG does not collect user data to build a history, and don’t watch for the login - there is none. No need to make Google richer by providing them with my data for free.

Sorry for the small deviation from the initial question: No, in my Google free zone it does not help me.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, PinkElephant said:

It might be useful - if I did use Google search …

😱 Life without Google 👿☠️🤬 Impossible !

Impossible ? 🤠

Hey no, I search with DuckDuckGo 

It is a powerful search engine that will not track you - never ! It shows ads (needs to make a living), but only based on the exact search you have entered. All ad links are clearly marked as such.

DDG does not collect user data to build a history, and don’t watch for the login - there is none. No need to make Google richer by providing them with my data for free.

Sorry for the small deviation from the initial question: No, in my Google free zone it does not help me.

What email client do you use?

• Level 5

On Mac and iOS I use the Apple Mail client - and no, no Gmail account.

The iCloud mail account is only for Apple stuff related to my account. My main mail address is hosted by a web hosting company, providing email service together with the web hosting. I own the first level domain that is receiving the mails, and pay the provider to host my personal website and mail account.

On Windows I use Thunderbird.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, gazumped said:

It's generally helpful in that if I find search hits within my existing notes I can avoid duplicating the time and effort of finding the information again,

This. It's probably one of my favorite little perks from Evernote because I often search for something and am surprised to discover that I have either written about it or clipped related articles from the web. Given that I have hundreds of notes, I will invariably forget that certain notes exist. There will come a time where I use Evernote as my little search engine over Google for many things.