How can I pay for the next year before my Evernote Personal account expires?

• Evernote Expert

You may have a particular reason for wanting the renewal early but, in general, the automated renewal process works well enough. If it fails because the card has expired or other reasons you will get an Email telling you that you need to fix whatever the problem was.

For sure, go ahead and check that your card details for your Evernote account are correct. You can change payment card in advance of the renewal date. Also, be sure to ensure you have sufficient credit in the account to cover the charge. If your bank declines then, of course, your renewal will be refused.

https://www.evernote.com/BillyBillingProfile.action

If you are in a part of the world which is providing challenges for paying by credit card, such as India at the moment, then you are advised to switch to paying via Apple iStore or Google Play Store. To do that you need to allow your account to drop down to a Free account level. Easiest is to cancel your subscription on the page above. Then pay afresh via whichever store works for you. However, this approach does not work if you are in one of the grand-fathered subscription rates such as Plus or Personal at the old prices. Once the account drops to Free the renewal will be at the new price and there is no way around that.

If you are in Russia then I think there will be no way for you to pay until the conflict in Ukraine is resolved.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I am based in Russia. I have the same issue, I cant send my mony for Evernote service payment.  Ok, money transfer does not work untile conflict in Ukraine is resolved. May be Evernote team give me job about 1 hour per month  wich will cost like my monthly payment for  Evernote service?

• Evernote Expert

Some progress on fixing the payments issue in India has been announced in the last few days.

However, I don't expect that any effort will be made to enable Russian subscribers to renew when the time comes. Government sanctions mean that it is not, currently, to the advantage of companies to trade in or with Russia. Banking sanctions also apply. Sorry. That's just the way it is. Once sanctions are eased it may be possible to renew. About the only option I can think of is for a friend outside Russia to handle the renewal for you.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm 10 years loyal your customer. I have foreign cards to pay renewal but Evernote does not allow to change card. On 20th of may is renewal date. Is it possible to do something. 

And also another question: without subscription can I reach my 25 000 notes in Evernote?  

• Like 1

I have also been a loyal customer for 10 years. dated Aug 12, 2012. Evernote does not allow to change card. How to change the payment method?
I am in Russia.
My friend from USA can pay for my subscription, but Evernote won't let to change linked card.
Is it possible to do something. 
In March and April, it was written in the account settings - "you have been granted a grace period." Now the account has moved to the FREE. I have about 12,000 notes. I want to pay for an annual subscription: personal, professional or maybe team. I really need to pay for a subscription. I need help with possible options for changing my payment method.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 02.04.2022 at 12:40, agsteele said:

Some progress on fixing the payments issue in India has been announced in the last few days.

However, I don't expect that any effort will be made to enable Russian subscribers to renew when the time comes. Government sanctions mean that it is not, currently, to the advantage of companies to trade in or with Russia. Banking sanctions also apply. Sorry. That's just the way it is. Once sanctions are eased it may be possible to renew. About the only option I can think of is for a friend outside Russia to handle the renewal for you.

Hi! I have a Russian account, but currently located outside Russia. How do I renew my account now? Thanx for help!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If you don’t have a internationally accepted credit card, it will probably be the easiest way to switch your account over to the AppStore or the PlayStore. Then purchase „gift cards“ and load them into your own iTunes or Google Play account. You can then use them to pay for subscriptions.

To switch over I think you need to terminate your current subscription. It will usually have a period of maybe a week after expiring when it still works as before. You then use preferably a mobile app to subscribe anew through an in-App purchase. Once the switch is done, it will renew every year. Make sure there is money prepaid to your account, or (once you got one) add an accepted credit card to the Apple or Google account.

Wish you luck for your new life !