check list items are way worse now!

I really hate what you have done to my lists. This is what I primarily use evernote for. My experience with this product has been heavily degraded.

1. I used to be able to insert a checkbox wherever I wanted. Now it appears that the only way is to make the item a check list
  2. when I make a line into a checklist it auto indents it and there is no way to realign to left edge
  • Level 5

The new checklists are cool - love that feature.

The strikeout when done is a real motivator - „Take That, Evil Task“.

It is now very simple to reorder the lines of a checklist: When hovering over a line, 4 dots appear at the beginning. This works as a handle, the whole line can be drawn to a new position in the list. There is no need to first select every word and character to move it along.

Checkboxes are fine to create forms, because they can be placed everywhere, several in a single line as well. But for real checklists I want to run down, the checklist option is the much better solution.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, WildHair said:

I really hate what you have done to my lists. This is what I primarily use evernote for. My experience with this product has been heavily degraded.

1. I used to be able to insert a checkbox wherever I wanted. Now it appears that the only way is to make the item a check list
  2. when I make a line into a checklist it auto indents it and there is no way to realign to left edge

Checkboxes are still there, in addition to checklists.  Click on the blue + (insert) icon.  There is a list of several items that can be inserted, including checkboxes.

• Like 1

I agree with the sentiments for somewhat different reasons.  In the past I used a variety of bullet symbols in my lists to indicates priorities or possible actions.   Now I'm stuck with what you have decided are the only kinds of lisits.

I want to go back to a plan ordinary list with no preset symbols.  Can't you support the old behavior as an option?

• Level 5

If you want to contact EN staff, use the feedback function in the clients, or issue a support ticket.

The forum is (mainly) user2user. Personally I don't think the chances are good that anything like this will materialize. Initially there were more posts about the checklist/checkbox issue, but it has calmed down a lot. I don't think (without knowing) that EN will start to bloat the editor to implement individual loops.

As a partial workaround, it is much easier than it used to be to move list items. Place the mouse over a checklist item: 4 dots appear in front of it. This is a handle you can grab with the mouse, and it will move the whole checklist item up or down without a need to exactly select it. Make groups to signal actions (Now, Tomorrow, Waiting, Done, Archive), and move the list items to where you need them.