Can't copy paste text and images from evernote to other apps, only the text pastes

• Level 5*

Hi.  A 'screen grab' should be a JPG of the current screen.  In which event the text would not be a separate paste-able element.  Are you sure you're not clipping an HTML version of a web page with embedded images? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi  guys thanks, yeah I'm using the desktop version.

the web version lets me paste into gmail but not word, or docs or slack its really ***** with my work flow I tried moving to evernote but the trasnfer didnt work

• Level 5

I think this really may be OS-related, since it works on my Mac with EN 10.33. Actually it started to work directly maybe 10 or 15 release cycles ago.

Resources like pictures are enclosed in a container in the note. To me it seems on Windows only this container is pasted, not the content. When dropping it on the desktop, the container is opened, and the content set free. From there it can be pasted elsewhere.

Clunky, but it works.

• Like 1

I've found another partial workaround on Windows - for a limited situation - pasting to MS Word. Haven't tried it in other apps, but it would probably work for all MS Office type apps.

(a) Use Web version

(b) Copy a single image

(c) Paste into Word, but change Paste Options to "Picture". On my version of Word, this is a drop-down under the Paste clipboard icon on the top LHS. Also on the right-click Paste Options.

• 1 year later...

For me copy-paste single picture not working (randomly). Some time work when I have only picture on the note. But when try to next one on same note, will paste fist one or random..

Was with older version till recent. Seems must go back to have faster without copy paste clues EN version

On 3/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, gazumped said:

Windows is notoriously weird about its clipboard formats...

It's not Windows - it's a problem of the apps 😉. Windows allows to copy information in many different formats to allow consuming apps to choose the best to match best results. In this case EN has some problems...

If you try to copy&paste note text that contains embedded PNG-pictures, you will see that EN itself receives embedded files (PNG and|or XLSX or whatever. But at least the pictures will come as attached files (not embedded pre-viewable picture).

Other apps (like Word) do not understand EN-written clipboards completely -> EN does not write it correct because other exporting apps are able to copy text and pictures to have Word understand it.