Add Assistant to Account

I have an assistant and I'd like to add them to my account to help me. I don't think I want to upgrade to teams as we don't need that level of collaboration. Just shared note taking, task attention, etc. What is the best way to get one user added? Or, best subscription level for them to help me best? 

Thx.

15 hours ago, JayHibou said:

I have an assistant and I'd like to add them to my account to help me. I don't think I want to upgrade to teams as we don't need that level of collaboration. Just shared note taking, task attention, etc. What is the best way to get one user added? Or, best subscription level for them to help me best? 

Thx.

There are two ways of sharing notes in EN. You can either share individual notes or share notebooks. I find sharing a notebook easiest as I know that any note that I add to that notebook will automatically be shared. If you rely on notebooks (rather than tags) as your primary means of organising your notes this may cause you some headaches unless you are simply going to share the entire notebook.

For further info see:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005417-Share-notes

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748-Share-notebooks

In addition you can assign tasks to others but to get the overview your assistant would need access to the notes in which the tasks reside.

I don't think that if you are both working on the same document you get the same seamless experience that you get with a Google doc where you can both work simultaneously and it seems to cope. Having said that i've not done it for a while so V10 may have changed all that.

• Level 5

It depends on how close you cooperate with your assistant.

The only clean way to set it up is in fact through Teams. It sounds like overkill for just 2 people, but it is the only way to split Professional and personal information, and install control over the Professional information at the same time.

Else you could open a shared account (Minimum required because of the number of devices is Personal) for your professional life, and a second one with the private information. Access to the shared account is mutual, which means you trust your assistant to act on your behalf in this account.

If the cooperation is pretty limited, you could as well use a shared notebook, and drop everything you want or need to pass on into this notebook. Then your assistant could run a Free Account to work on the shared notes.