What's A Useful Method To Track Habits Using Evernote?

What are some useful ways to track daily habits using Evernote?

• Can I make a Task repeat daily at a specified time? (Recurring Tasks).
  • Are there any useful note templates you've used that help you?

I'd love some ideas.

As for the Evernote subscription I'm under: Personal.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I've seen advertising for apps that habit-track,  but have never felt the need.  A quick Google search gave me 255M hits for 'how can I track my habits' so you should be able to find some inspiration out there.  I do keep a daily 'diary' note which I'm now using to leave myself reminders for future jobs and record what significant events filled my day - useful for remembering when updates happened,  or new software got added forinstance. That's a separate notebook and one note per day.  Evernote has (I believe) some suitable diary and date templates if you need them - but I don't think we got recurring tasks yet....

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Evernote has (I believe) some suitable diary and date templates if you need them - but I don't think we got recurring tasks yet....

Thanks! Right, I know Google has plenty of results, but I was only really looking for Evernote-exclusive inspiration from its users. I'll look into those templates; I'm sure they're useful. I appreciate your reply.

Habit-tracking apps are fine, but since I pay for Evernote I kind of wanted it to be inside of EN instead. Never really liked most apps of such sort.

• Like 1

I've tried several different habit tracker apps over the years. One time I tried a spreadsheet and that worked out ok.

I've thought about just using a note with a table in Evernote (similar to my time with the spreadsheet), but I've never actually tried it. But it makes sense since I'm in Evernote all day. I'd be curious what others might already do in Evernote as well.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, buckethead said:

Not yet, no. EN has said that we should see this in the near future. 

This is why I continue to use Todoist which is great for establishing habits through daily repeating tasks.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Sylvio said:

What are some useful ways to track daily habits using Evernote?

I use a daily note as a combination planner/journal/dashboard   
It's created each morning from a template, and I insert entries after reviewing my calendars and task list

One section of the note is used for habits  
Example

Habits   
Make Bed: x   
Shower: x
Brush Teeth: xx
Exercise   
     Walk: xx   
     Group: x

I also use a spreadsheet for tracking; 2 pages long, 30 years wide
It could include habits   

As to a repeating reminder; I use Apple Reminders on a Mac and iPad

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your input.

For anyone who remains curious about habit tracking in Evernote, I've curated a pre-made template and tweaked it to suit daily task management. It is very simple, but it works for me. Thanks for the inspiration @Boot17.

What I end up doing for daily reminders is every night I just set it up to remind me the next day, since I require myself to add what I have done to the calendar, aside from the pre-filled items.

• Like 1