Now I have 2 accounts?

I got a nice email from Evernote suggesting I upgrade my professional account to Teams. I clicked the link and then clicked to buy the Teams base membership. I found it odd that I had to use a new email address as I was trying to upgrade a membership.

I got the receipt for the new membership, but upon login I just have identical professional memberships. WTH?

There is no way to contact Evernote (the help page does not progress past Account Issue). They have my money, twice and I have no features to use.

What do I do?

• Level 5

Contact support.

And why did you "upgrade" ? Are you running a company or similar, minimum 3 users for the Teams account ? Below this level, Teams simply makes no sense at all. If at or above, it can make sense, but usually you move the company from "without Teams" to "with Teams" by a transition project. The goal of this project is to identify your main information flows, and set up the Teams structure ("Spaces") accordingly.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314358

If all this means nothing to you, I think you simply have the wrong product. For private use Personal is fine, if you manage other people in sort of loose groups (like projects, consulting, freelancing or similar), Professional has some additional features.