Notebooks duplicated many times in Android app v10

Since a recent update to my android app all notebooks have been listed several times. For example I have a main notebook for domestic data storage. This is subdivided into bank accounts etc. The main bank account is titled A3 xxxx Bank Account and is repeated down the "tree" twice and this problem has occurred right down the listings. What might be causing this please?

• 1 month later...

I can't tell you that, but I'm going to keep an eye on this, as I'm having a similar problem with individual notes.

I have one note right now that's duplicated itself dozens of times and seems to have overwritten the whole list of notes below it (which, in a notebook with 130 notes, that have taken months to compile, is truly infuriating!).

Best of luck, Tim. 

• Level 5

Each note takes up a line - if a duplication occurs, there will be many new lines. This pushes other content down the list - but nothing will be deleted.

To remove duplicates it is better to use a desktop client, where multiple notes can be selected and move to the trash.

Duplication happens when one sync has not yet terminated before the next one starts. To avoid duplication keep notes short and watch out for a stable network connection. EN said they will overhaul the syncing, but this may be a way down the road.

I had the problem a while back that my notebooks were being listed multiple times on the android app. I got in touch with support and they fixed it:

"I understand you are seeing duplicate notebooks when viewing your notebooks on Android. I apologize for the trouble as this is not expected behavior. I'e made a few backend changes that I believe will help resolve the issue you are seeing. In order for these changes to take effect on your account, you will need to reinstall the application one more time on your device."

Since then this problem hasn't occurred again. 

• Thanks 1