Keyboard issues during sketch

• Level 5

Currently not palm recognition in Sketch. In fact Sketch is not really working great with extended handwriting, it really is more for „sketching“.

You can think about using Penultimate or any other handwriting app.

Since the forum is user2user, contact EN by the feedback function or through a support ticket.

• 4 weeks later...

I was in a training session this weekend and found this issue to be well beyond frustrating.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab7 tablet with the S-Pen.  I could find nothing in the Samsung Tablet settings to disable the keyboard when the pen is being used and see no reason why the keyboard should pop-up while in the Evernote Sketch module.  I find the SKETCH module really good for taking notes in a meeting but the keyboard popping up every time is maddening.  

• Level 5

I wrote above about the missing palm recognition - I think this keyboard popup is related to it.

If you want to take handwritten notes , better use an app that was build for this. Sketch is IMHO ok for jotting down an idea - it is no solution for extended handwriting.

You can ask support about it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Please fix this issue. I use mi pad 5 with its stylus and have this problem

I try to install previous 10.25, and the issue is resolved.

But current latest version in google play 10.29 have this issue. I try version 10.28 and it  have the same issue too.

• Level 5

You are a hacking genius if you can load anything from Google Play on an iPad.

So better describe on which device, OS and EN client you actually are if you want any ideas. This thread is about Android - if your concern is with iPad and iOS, please open a new thread over in the iOS subforum.

Mi pad 5 (manufacturer Xiaomi) is Android powered, so exactly the right forum here 😉

@KhoanIf sideloading an older version could solve the issue for you, could you please consider informing support via ticket and pointing out, from which version on the error is present. So devs get a chance to dive into it. Thank you.