automatically update notes every day that have a certain tag

Hi,

I have notes that have been created for the future and would like to keep them on top. 

I already have a saved search to identify the notes, but updating every note manually can take a bit of time. Hence I look to see if I can do this automated.

Jayze

43 minutes ago, Jayze said:

I have notes that have been created for the future and would like to keep them on top. 

You could set the creation date far into the future so when sorted by creation date they will always appear at the top. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

I deal with this sort of thing within Filterize.  It maintains and updates Table of Content notes for specific 'task' searches:  those with due dates - 

• before today - i.e. overdue
  • within the next 7 days - 
  • that are 8+ days away.

As tasks are marked 'done' or added,  Filterize changes the ToC note automatically.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:18 AM, PinkElephant said:

Place them in shortcuts, or use the saved search for a specific tag or keyword.

that is currently what I am doing, this is not helping to update them all every day.

On 2/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, Mike P said:

You could set the creation date far into the future so when sorted by creation date they will always appear at the top. 

Good tip! Will try that.

On 2/28/2022 at 1:22 PM, gazumped said:

I deal with this sort of thing within Filterize.  It maintains and updates Table of Content notes for specific 'task' searches:  those with due dates - 

• before today - i.e. overdue
  • within the next 7 days - 
  • that are 8+ days away.

As tasks are marked 'done' or added,  Filterize changes the ToC note automatically.

Need to give that a try, thanks for the tip! 

Wish that EN would include this with pinning or something like that.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Jayze said:

Wish that EN would include this with pinning or something like that.

This has requested for a long time but does not seem to be something that EN want to implement. My favourite workaround is to have a "pinned" tag. I can then add the pinned tag to any particular search or view to get the most important notes that meet those search criteria. This has the added advantage that I can eaily pull out all my most important notes wherever they are filed.

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

This has requested for a long time but does not seem to be something that EN want to implement. My favourite workaround is to have a "pinned" tag. I can then add the pinned tag to any particular search or view to get the most important notes that meet those search criteria. This has the added advantage that I can eaily pull out all my most important notes wherever they are filed.

true and that is the way I am using this as well, however I want to have the pinned ones to the top without editing them every day manually.