Older version of a note synced and replaced newer version of note that I actually want to keep.

Amir Aether Valen
Go to solution Solved by Amir Aether Valen,

Idea

Whilst using Evernote on my phone, an older version of a note was synced over a newer version of it, replacing the note.

The note got overwritten by an older version of it on my phone app version of Evernote, and now I can't undo to restore the version that I actually want to use. I don't have Premium version of Evernote so I can't access the Note History to restore the version that I actually want. How do I resolve this? It was not my intention to sync over the new note with the older version of the note stored on my phone.

Please help.
I have received no response from @evernotehelps on Twitter, and no response when attempting to contact moderators directly over here.

- Amir

5 replies to this idea

• Solution

You can't roll back to earlier saved versions of a note unless you have the Premium version, which I don't.

But I got it resolved.

I contacted @evernotehelps on Twitter but received no response. And also wrote to several moderators of Evernote I found scrolling through the forums, and also received no response from most of them. However, eventually I received a response from one, who converted my message to a ticket. After this, an agent from Evernote contacted me via the email I had provided in the message I originally sent. They gave my account a temporary upgrade to use the services of the Evernote Premium - specifically so I can use the Note History feature - so I can restore the previous version of the note, which I did. I hope this helps.

• Evernote Expert

Note History is a feature of all paid subscriptions but the necessary history is also captured in the Free version. The standard advice is to upgrade for a month and get access to the note history. It costs little more than a cup of coffee from your favourite shop.

19 hours ago, Amir Aether Valen said:

They gave my account a temporary upgrade to use the services of the Evernote Premium - specifically so I can use the Note History feature - so I can restore the previous version of the note, which I did.

Thanks for the update and that was great that Evernote did that.

I was a "Plus" user for a long time and Plus users don't have access to version history either, but I depend on Evernote so much for my livelihood that I figured that it was totally worth it to upgrade to Personal for just for that one feature (but I got more features too!)