Help with getting past the 'please wait' screen when using the version 8 APK

Hi, hope all is well
I have been using Evernote for about 7 years but last night when I updated the app on my phone I realized that the quick note notifications is not there anymore just like the old version, also there is a lot of things I don't like about it how i had to pay for offline notes, also the home screen.
I want to go back to the older version which is 8.13.3 and I tried using the Evernote APK 8.13.3 as I did everything correctly but when I try to sign in it says 'please wait' for a very long time then nothing happens and it just ends, i need help getting past that sign in screen. I'm using a samsung galaxy s9 by the way

• Level 5*

Hi.  All is not well.  You've posted personal information in a public forum.  Please delete your email address and your IP.

The 'old' Android is no longer supported,  though the APK still works.  If it will not load in your phone,  this is an Android 10 issue,  but there will be no support.  Some similar issues have been reported,  but I don't know if any have been resolved - someone may post more here in due course.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@R.F ... plus in the forum are only other users, like us. What we may lack in insight, we make up with cordiality (well, hrrr, sort of, sometimes, I mean ....).

None of us can and will solve this for you - if you need support, ask (sic) EN support to help you.

EN support does not offer support for any older version of EN. They will (probably) be happy to assist you to get the new version installed, if your Android version allows for it. Currently supported is Android 10 and above.

If you like the new version or not will not play a role. If you don't, you can only switch to another note taking app.

• R.F changed the title to Help with getting past the 'please wait' screen when using the version 8 APK

Thanks for the reply guys, sorry I'm new to this forum. I got the Samsung Galaxy S9, isn't this meant to be working with the APK version 8? I don't understand how when some people send inquiry to evernote that their problem was solved about how to get past that 'please wait' log in screen, evernote didn't want to investigate and help me with this, I don't understand why other people APK was working but mine evernote didn't want to help..?
The reason why I want to go back to version 8 or older it's because the newer version wants me to pay so I can use the offline notes feature, I didn't have to do this with my older version. Also my desktop evernote says that i need to pay for it now to use it. Also how the new upgrade doesn't have the phones notification quick note feature. Also how I don't like when i open the app on my phone that the first thing it opens is the home screen page instead of all my notebooks page. 

I would highly appreciate the help from people

• Level 5

Paying is independent from any specific client used. It just depends on the number of „devices“ you are using.

Each client counts as a „device“, even if run on the same machine ! So if you install 2 clients - legacy and v10, or maybe legacy and using the web client - on one computer, you have already used up your device limit - all of it.

Then the next client you try to add will run into an endless loading cycle. And EN may tell you you have exceeded the Free limits, and need to subscribe.

All this does not happen when on a subscription. There the number of clients is unlimited.

To check your clients use a working client, and open your account information, tab devices. If there are several, you can unsync a few. But take care which one - the number of unsyncs is limited to 2 per month. If you lock yourself out, you need to wait 30 days - or subscribe.

• Level 5*

Hi (again).  As already mentioned - 8.13 is the 'old' version of Evernote,  currently working fine for me on Android 6 and Android 8.  Sadly Android seemed to change the rules around their v10 so that the 8.13 APK has problems loading.  Evernote won't help you with that,  and none of us can - we're all users,  not Support staff. You could try your service provider,  or even Google to see whether they can suggest some way to avoid the apparent conflict between the two.

• Level 5

My opinion: All legacy client are deprecated, end of life. They do still work, fine, enjoy as if it was the last chance. Because it may well be …

They stop working: You have a choice between v10 and any Plan B you have nurtured since months, knowing legacy will drop dead one day.

You have no plan B ?

Your notes are safe and can be exported. So get a Plan B, or continue with v10.

Hitting a dead horse harder will not make it run again.

I don't know why you would mention about revoking other devices when i was on about another topic..

When the version 8 is no longer available my notes are still stored within my email account in EV.

I only asked because other people had the 'please wait' screen and they had resolved it so i was wondering maybe im missing something that is why it's not working for me. i don't expect you to be EV, just needed someone to chat to.

Hitting a dead horse is a nonsense and rude statement.

The thing i hate about the new V10 app is this:

1)  In mobile phone quick note in the notifications option is no longer available, widgets are not as quick and easy.

2) Home screen of V10 cant be removed, i want to open the app and the first screen to appear is all my notebooks.

3) you now have to pay for the offline notes in the V10 and for other features.

4) the new app is VERY slow to write, save, edit move etc etc etc, and no its not my internet connection.

5) ive tried APK from apkmirror.com also pureAPK website but none seemed to work, not sure if i am missing something.

Can anyone help me for the ones above please?

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This is the third post by you, and you still have to provide essential information.

For example on which Android version you are currently running your phone.

If you searched the forum a little before posting, you would have seen that with the newest releases the legacy Android app seems to have stopped working. You may check yourself, but I do not remember a workaround that makes it run again.

But find out yourself - probably you are now at the point of v10 or plan B, as already mentioned. This point in time will come for all users who still rely on legacy clients, sooner or later.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, R.F said:

Can anyone help me for the ones above please?

I don't think anyone can.  @PinkElephant is right to suggest you should revoke other devices.  Whether you use version 8.x or 10.x,  'free' users only have access to Evernote through a maximum of two devices.  If you're using a device new to Evernote it may not work until you specifically exclude previous devices.

If - despite that - you continue to get a 'please wait',  it may then be because Evernote v8.x no longer works with Android 10.  There have been a couple of reports by individual users,  but no resolutions that we're aware of.  Hopefully someone might publish the answer in due course.

Understanding the device limit

I have a Samsung galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) software: android version 10. It is old phone and i had the old version of EV I think it was version 8 (definitely wasnt version 10) working on it but when i updated the app in playstore that is when i hated the new version and wanting to go to back to the old version that i had before updating it, this is why im trying to make the old APK work on my phone but the 'please wait' sign is the problem im trying to get past.

I had been reading on other forums and had seen people get past the 'please wait' log in screen.

I had revoked all other devices, this is not the problem i am trying to get past.

Can someone help with these at least:

1)  In mobile phone quick note in the notifications option is no longer available in version 10, is this true? I cant seem to find it

2) Home screen of V10 cant be removed, i want to open the app and the first screen to appear is all my notebooks, is this possible with version 10?

3) you now have to pay for the offline notes in the V10, is this true?

4) the new app is VERY slow to write, save, edit move etc,  its not my internet connection. Is this true?

5) ive tried APK from apkmirror.com also pureAPK website but none seemed to work. I have uninstalled the version 10, restarted the phone, installed the correct version 8 APK with the phones compatibility, restarted phone, still says 'please wait' for about 20mins then it says internet error etc. Not sure if i am installing it correctly or that i need to do other things to make it work?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Level 5

1) Not (yet) available (edited, see next post)

2) Mobile always opens on Home, desktop shows the last view when open

3) AFAIK full offline download  has always been a subscription feature. It will download a part of the database for offline use anyhow, but the full content for offline use must be explicitly downloaded. This is only possible when on a subscription.

4) Depends on the device, but in general the new app needs more resources, and will run slower on many devices - on some devices much slower.

5) From other forum posts I have the impression that with a recent Android update came a incompatibility of the legacy apk client 8 with the OS. In this case the legacy client (deprecated, end of life) can’t work any longer.

• Evernote Expert

I suspect that you are getting little response to your questions since you posted in the Teams account area but very, very, few Teams users are online here and mostly the rest of us can't answer Teams questions. You would probably have been better to ask in the Android area.

Let me try and answer some of your questions...

1. There's is a widget for the device desktop which opens directly to create a new note

3. Offline works in v10. You have to choose in settings which notes/notebooks will be offline. Inline is the default. 

5. You have had several answers to this question. If you have Free account -Access your account settings and remove all the linked devices. If you are a subscriber raise a support ticket.

• Like 2
On 3/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, R.F said:

I have a Samsung galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) software: android version 10. It is old phone and i had the old version of EV I think it was version 8 (definitely wasnt version 10) working on it but when i updated the app in playstore that is when i hated the new version and wanting to go to back to the old version that i had before updating it, this is why im trying to make the old APK work on my phone but the 'please wait' sign is the problem im trying to get past.

I had been reading on other forums and had seen people get past the 'please wait' log in screen.

I had revoked all other devices, this is not the problem i am trying to get past.

Can someone help with these at least:

1)  In mobile phone quick note in the notifications option is no longer available in version 10, is this true? I cant seem to find it

2) Home screen of V10 cant be removed, i want to open the app and the first screen to appear is all my notebooks, is this possible with version 10?

3) you now have to pay for the offline notes in the V10, is this true?

4) the new app is VERY slow to write, save, edit move etc,  its not my internet connection. Is this true?

5) ive tried APK from apkmirror.com also pureAPK website but none seemed to work. I have uninstalled the version 10, restarted the phone, installed the correct version 8 APK with the phones compatibility, restarted phone, still says 'please wait' for about 20mins then it says internet error etc. Not sure if i am installing it correctly or that i need to do other things to make it work?

Thanks

It became GARBAGE! After I updated on Playstore, it is eternally "WAITING..." on the login screen. Support doesn't fix it. I use the paid version!

2 - Yes i know that in mobile version it always opens on home but my question again was can this 'open on home' be removed and have the app in the mobile phone show the notebooks when first opening the app on the first screen? (just like the older versions of evernote)

3 - No you are incorrect, offline version hasn't always been for paid subscribers, I had the offline feature which you can see all your notes on all notebooks and edit them without being connected to the internet on my evernote phone app (i think it was either version 7 or version 8 ) before updating to the version 10  . This is why i hate the version 10 because i cant access my notes offline with the free user option.

about the quick note from notifications, i was referring to the phone app.. not the desktop app, i had always been referring to the mobile app in this thread.

Looks like evernote has went down hill and has lost respect for many users, it wants to charge users now for offline notes feature on the version 10 and you cant use older APK because it doesnt work. Quick notes feature for mobile is removed. Home screen when first opening app feature cant be removed etc. Their email ticket support is unhelpful still cant solve making the old APK work. Huge disappointment for evernote

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, R.F said:

2 - Yes i know that in mobile version it always opens on home but my question again was can this 'open on home' be removed and have the app in the mobile phone show the notebooks when first opening the app on the first screen? (just like the older versions of evernote)

No

1 hour ago, R.F said:

3 - No you are incorrect, offline version hasn't always been for paid subscribers,

The table shown earlier is published by Evernote,  so regardless of whether the situation has changed (though I don't think it has),  the position now is that free users don't get offline note access.  That won't change whether you use the new v10 app or the old 8.13.3

As to getting past the 'please wait' screen using the old app installer on a new 'phone,  the 'fix' seems to be to talk to Support and supply an IP address and User Agent.  However if Support now say they can't help - and it's Evernote's policy not to support anyone,  subscriber or not,  on the old apps - there's not much anyone here can do.

Your only choice seems to be to use v10 or find another note-taking app.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

***SOLVED***

Hey guys i finally got my version 8 back! it took me about 1 time consuming about 80 hours in my time going back and forth with them and trying to find a solution which was very easy to fox from their part as this is what they wrote - "Your IP address was blocked due to malicious traffic by our security measures. Moving forward you should be able to continue using Evernote, as the IP is now on the whitelist." I dont know why the customer service people (about 5 of them) couldnt just transfer me to the technical support people in the first place.

I had given them my ipv4 so many times in the past to many people in evernote and they didnt resolve my issue, so i finally was transferred to the technical support person name Ana she she helped me solve it within 24 hours and gave me this link to download the apk from - https://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/android/google-play/com.evernote.google-play.8.13.3.1083330.allArch.6087.apk

I am unsatisfied with the experience but happy to have the version 8 back since the version 10 its extremely slow and hardly usable in daily usage, you cant remove the home screen, need to pay for it to use offline notes, cant add quick note from notification on the phone. Thank you to the ones who tried helping me, please pass this message if you guys see someone who is struggling like how i was.

Hope this helps someone if they get stuck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • 10 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 1:46 AM, R.F said:

***SOLVED***

Hey guys i finally got my version 8 back! it took me about 1 time consuming about 80 hours in my time going back and forth with them and trying to find a solution which was very easy to fox from their part as this is what they wrote - "Your IP address was blocked due to malicious traffic by our security measures. Moving forward you should be able to continue using Evernote, as the IP is now on the whitelist." I dont know why the customer service people (about 5 of them) couldnt just transfer me to the technical support people in the first place.

I had given them my ipv4 so many times in the past to many people in evernote and they didnt resolve my issue, so i finally was transferred to the technical support person name Ana she she helped me solve it within 24 hours and gave me this link to download the apk from - https://evernote.s3.amazonaws.com/android/google-play/com.evernote.google-play.8.13.3.1083330.allArch.6087.apk

I am unsatisfied with the experience but happy to have the version 8 back since the version 10 its extremely slow and hardly usable in daily usage, you cant remove the home screen, need to pay for it to use offline notes, cant add quick note from notification on the phone. Thank you to the ones who tried helping me, please pass this message if you guys see someone who is struggling like how i was.

Hope this helps someone if they get stuck

sadly i have download it, it's still not working for me. 

are you still able to use it?

thanks 

• Level 5*
On 2/3/2023 at 11:26 PM, evernoteCEODAD said:

thanks 

Hi.  What version of Android are you running and why do you need the APK?  Depending on your Android version you may be able to download the correct version from the Play store,  or sideload an APK from a third-party site on the internet like this one - Evernote - Note Organizer 8.13.3 APK Download by Evernote Corporation - APKMirror

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, evernoteCEODAD said:

thanks 

Yes.  I am still using Version 8.  It works great! 

• Level 5
On 2/4/2023 at 12:26 AM, evernoteCEODAD said:

There have been hints in other threads to contact support to get it to work in some cases. That’s all I can contribute, I don’t use any Android device. On iOS v10 is by far superior to any prior version.