Managing Tasks & Recurring Items

Jessie11

Idea

Hi there,

I used to really love Franklin Planner and have been surprised they haven't come up with an app. They had some smart ways to notate task management.  For example, if you started a task, and it takes a few steps, you could put a dot in the checkbox area to confirm that you have started that task (handy if you need to know, did I call?  But haven't gotten the answer yet, since no answer, you can't check it off, but you have to wait for someone else, but also then you won't call multiple times and annoy the person).  There was also the option to write a rightward pointing arrow to indicate you are pushing the task off to the future.  It would be useful to be able to attach the tasks to specific days, and it was useful to be able to see, I need to get an EKG sometime, it's walk in appt, I was going to do it Wednesday, but something came up so I had to push it to next Monday; the arrow could indicate that.  

I wish Evernote had recurring items (Dog Heartguard; I need to see that I did check it off the previous month to make sure I did it, but I don't want to have to type it every time), etc.  

Maybe this is user error, but I wish that Evernote would automatically alphabetize notes within notebooks.  That would give some ability to simulate something like Chapters or I could name documents 2021 11 01 ENT appt and have the follow up 2022 01 04 ENT appt near by, would make it even easier to organize the notes than searching for ENT.  

Is there an official Evernote educational video to help us learn?  One that Evernote supports? 

Thank you very much!  This is really helping me get organized again.

1 reply to this idea