Excellent update for iPads - the new Home layout is a beauty !

• Level 5

The new update 10.27 is maybe the first one that cares for tablet / iPad users. It makes use of the screen width available on the iPad. The orientation is now rather vertical than horizontal. So I have always at least 3 widgets on the screen any time. If they are small, more widgets show below, easy to reach.

Brilliant for me - much better than before.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@ABEN Please no double posting in the forum. You added nothing to what was already posted.

This isn't a double post? I linked to my answer in another thread.

A double post would have been, if I wrote here the exact same thing I already wrote in the linked post? So exactly the opposite as a double post?

Well. Why I posted here in the first place is to prevent Evernote from now leaving everything like that again for the next 10 years, just because one user (you in this case) said it was fine.

They should also see that some users (like me) are not happy with the new layout.

And in the ''supposed double post'' I linked, I also offered a solution:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-17 um 23.32.17.png

• Level 5

You wrote nothing. You just posted a link to another thread. This is double posting - you connected to a post that already existed.

If you have something to say, say it, but stop throwing your own posts into other threads. Opposite to what you may believe you do not have universal answers to all issues discussed in the forum.

I claim by my approaches to solutions exactly, that I have NOT all universal answers!?

This is EXACTLY the reason why I say, that Evernote should give the user multiple options, because I understand and consider not only from my perspective, but also from other perspectives - and I would be happy if you (and of course Evernote) would do it the same way. :) 

Sounds like you are projecting ...

But let's leave that topic and just hope, that Evernote also adds the setting on the tablet to customize the width of the widgets. 💚

• Level 5

The crashing web client is a bug on iOS devices. Has probably nothing to do with web kit (the Apple web engine) but with the iOS implementation. It does not crash on Safari for the Mac - which runs on web kit either. On the other hand it crashes on all browsers I tried on the iPad - they all are forced to use web kit in the iPad implementation.

Desktops are not good as a template. They must serve very different screen layout and resolutions, which is not the case on tablets. On the other hand tablets use different tools to bring apps to the screen. I think code transfer is very difficult, if it does not happen in the Apple bubble where "Universal" apps are enabled to run on iPads and M1-Macs alike.