Hand-notes disappearing

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Yes it just happened to me today. It was a 2-page handwritten note and the first page disappeared. Only noticed it a couple hours after I edited it this morning. It also happened once before last year, but I think it returned as a conflicted duplicate a short time after. I hope that turns out the same, it was an important note. On my iMac.

You are right! Thank you for the feedback!

I took hand-notes during a meeting. After closing the sketch tool, a preview appeared in the corresponding note but after few seconds it disappeared. The note remained empty and there is no track left. I was using the version 10.25.

• Level 5
  • Solution

This is a weird one. I would contact support, from the same device, providing an activity log.

Support is in App settings, tab support.

In this case I think the Sketch got lost, whyever. To put it on a more stable footing in the future, open the note for the Sketch and insert the Sketch. Write something into the sketch.

Now close the sketch and wait it to show in the note. Then close the note once to save it and get it synced with the server. After this open it again and open the Sketch for note taking.

This is just a collection of ideas to make syncing more secure, as a workaround.

For iOS there is an alternative, the Penultimate app. It is free, iOS only and made for handwritten notes. It will sync with a notebook in your account.