Bring back old features

Carolina Banres

Idea

So dissapointed that evernote updated without my consent to newer version.

Please bring bring back features that made evernote the easier notebook app for macs. Bring back tabs, bring back the ability to zoom in and out changing font sizes by pinching on trackpad, and most importantly BRING BACK ABILITY TO USE TOUCH BAR!!

Seriously considering switching over to a free app with better features, what's the point for mac users. 

• Like 2

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

??? What do you mean with your Touch Bar outcry ?

Beside the fact that Apple itself has practically abandoned the TouchBar with the release of the latest MacBooks - I have no problem to use the TouchBar while editing notes in my v10 client. There may be differences to legacy, but TouchBar is enabled with v10 as well.

In addition there is a large selection of keyboard shortcuts, most of them can be customized.

Yeah - seems like TouchBar never got much traction and it's basically going away now. And Mac already represents a small portion of Evernote usage so really no reason to focus on that.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:15 PM, Carolina Banres said:

So dissapointed that evernote updated without my consent to newer version.

You could install the Legacy version of Evernote which is going to be like what you are used to. But alas, like the TouchBar, Legacy is going to be totally gone one day.

bring back the ability to zoom in and out changing font sizes by pinching on trackpad

Not the same thing, but you can zoom in and out with the Cmd-plus and Cmd-minus keys. This zooms in and out on the whole application though -- not just the editor font size.

Bring back tabs

I miss tabs too, but I find that opening notes in new windows comes close, and in some ways is better than, to using tabs.

what's the point for mac users

The point for me, as a Mac user, is that I love the new Evernote more than the old!

It sounds like you just recently got upgraded to it and it is quite a different experience. 

Usually anytime anything is changed on us without us choosing that change -- our first take is that we don't like it because it's not what we are familiar with or comfortable with.

I'd suggest giving it some time. You may grow to like it, but maybe not. And if not, you are in luck!!! There are so many awesome note taking apps out there to try and use that you make might like better than Evernote!

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Opening notes in windows has another advantage over tabs: You can open a second (3rd 4th …) virtual desktop on the Mac, to bundle everything related to a task.

I find it useful to move one or more note windows to another desktop, and have them clutter free there to work on them. Maybe mixed with an application needed to get the specific job done, like Numbers, Pages or Safari.

New desktop - 4 finger swipe up on the Trackpad.

I agree about tabs.  As somebody who works in IT and software development, I don't understand the complexity here.  I usually keep two Evernote windows, each with multiple tabs, open on my two displays.   

I'm close to switching to OneNote which I already have as part of my O365 subscription.