pin certain notes to taskbar and iphone

• nonameandrew changed the title to pin certain notes to taskbar and iphone
On 2/16/2022 at 8:22 AM, nonameandrew said:

are you able to pin certain notes onto your taskbar? (on desktop)

I'm not sure what operating system you are using. "Taskbar" sounds like Windows so I'll assume Windows. The short answer is yes.

• Find the note you want to pin. Copy the app link by either
    • alt+ctrl+L
    • right clicking the note in the note list and choosing copy internal link -> copy app link
    • Thee dots menu (top RHS of note) and again copy internal link -> copy app link
  • Go to the Windows desktop. Right click and choose New -> shortcut
  • Paste in the link
  • Press next and then give it a name and press enter
  • Like all shortcuts you can then drag it to the taskbar. You can also change the icon by editing it (but not in the creation process)

It's not mega fast - there does seem to be a pause while EN opens and navigates to the note. Although I use it occasionally I still find maximising EN and clicking a shortcut (or using the cytl+1 etc keyboard shortcut) more convenient.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

In the Android app there is the ability to put a shortcut to a note on the homescreen of the device. (open the note, access the three dot menu, choose Add note to device Home screen - not the pin to Home option which is something else).

I believe but cannot check that there is a similar option in the iOS app.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, agsteele said:

I believe but cannot check that there is a similar option in the iOS app.

Sadly, at present, I just looked in my updated Evernote Mobile app on iPadOS and this option isn't there. So, I'll presume this doesn't exist on iOS either. Once they bring widgets to iOS/iPadOS hopefully they'll have parity to Android Widgets and will give you the ability to pin a note to your home screen too. 🤞🏻

22 hours ago, Mike P said:

I'm not sure what operating system you are using. "Taskbar" sounds like Windows so I'll assume Windows. The short answer is yes.

• Find the note you want to pin. Copy the app link by either
    • alt+ctrl+L
    • right clicking the note in the note list and choosing copy internal link -> copy app link
    • Thee dots menu (top RHS of note) and again copy internal link -> copy app link
  • Go to the Windows desktop. Right click and choose New -> shortcut
  • Paste in the link
  • Press next and then give it a name and press enter
  • Like all shortcuts you can then drag it to the taskbar. You can also change the icon by editing it (but not in the creation process)

It's not mega fast - there does seem to be a pause while EN opens and navigates to the note. Although I use it occasionally I still find maximising EN and clicking a shortcut (or using the cytl+1 etc keyboard shortcut) more convenient.

this is really helpful! thanks!

• Like 1