Bring back navigating to notebook view by drop down

racuars

Idea

Hi, I propose bringing back extremely useful feature which was view of list of notebooks in a drop down menu

The drop down used to show up after clicking on current notebook name in the Note List column

Alternatively have somewhere else recent/all notebooks 

In the latest version of desktop client, to achieve the same, I need to go to Search and type or go to Quick Jump and type

The Notebook list is not that handy, too low, in the left hand side menu

10 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, racuars said:

The Notebook list is not that handy, too low, in the left hand side menu

I was going to suggest the keyboard shortcut for opening the notebooks pane (alt+ctrl+4 on windows) except that doesn't seem to be working anymore!!

37 minutes ago, racuars said:

yeah, it's a mess. 

On my mac the Cmd + J works sort of fine (quick jump)

I don't see that for Windows

Should be CTRL + Q for windows... you can remap the shortcuts to a more useful key if needed.

I've raised a support ticket for the alt+ctrl+4 shortcut not working. I've never felt that EN's QA process is their strongest feature and I'm afraid that  having a new version every 2 weeks or so is not helping.

On 2/15/2022 at 9:55 AM, Mike P said:

I've raised a support ticket for the alt+ctrl+4 shortcut not working.

Well i've been told by support that they cannot replicate the problem. I have updated to 10.31 and it still doesn't work. If I change the keybard shortcut it works. Perhaps it is a conflict with another shortcut on my machine (alt+ctrl+4 produces the € symbol if I type it here for example) . If I change to a US keyboard, rather tham UK, the problem goes away. Could somebody else using a UK keyboard confirm the problem. @agsteele if you have a moment to try it, that would be great.

@Mike P ALT+CTRL+4 on windows gives me  ... same as you. I'm using the attachments beta thingy.

On the Linux app it works and opens the notebook view.

Maybe a windows conflict... the folks in the US may not have the € .

• Thanks 1
  • Evernote Expert

@MikeP For clarity... I am currently running

Evernote 10.31.6-win-ddl-public (3237)
Editor: v141.2.17692
Service: v1.48.3

Windows 11 with UK keyboard

Like everyone else I get the Euro symbol € when I type Alt+Ctrl+4  For amusement I remapped the command to Alt+Ctrl+F4 and that opens the Notebook list as expected.

I couldn't say what would happen if I switched to a US keyboard as I don't have it installed and would prefer not add it just now.

HTH

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Jon/t and @agsteele. I've responded to support that it does seem to be a UK keyboard issue. I'm sure it worked in the past. I remapped mine to alt+4 which also works fine. I like the logic of alt+ctrl+1 to 5 opening the sequential sections of the sidebar - much easier to remember. I've remapped tham all to alt+1 to 5 (no ctrl) and so far so good.