Evernote continues to make multiple copies of same note causing immense frustration

This is a major malfunction of the Evernote app. The problem is that you don’t realize they have made 10 copies of the same note so when you add new parts to your note every time it may go on a different copy. Then you have a mess. So you spend hours cleaning it up by copying and pasting all new info into  1 copy which I rename by putting a “ 1” in front of the title. Then Evernote is kind enough to make 10 more copies

. Someone, please fix this. If I want a copy. I will make a copy of my note. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Because of the way in which Evernote syncs to a central point from all connected devices,  there are limits on what Evernote can do to avoid duplications. 

Having the app open on more than one device / network connection issues / working for long periods on a long note all have a part to play,  and the only way to minimise disruption is to take as many local steps as possible - and then raise the matter with Evernote support if you still find that things are out of hand. 

Evernote are aware of the issue,  but they need input from individual activity logs to analyse the causes and -maybe- work towards a better solution...

• Like 1

What @gazumped said is correct.

Unfortunately, this happens. I do my best to avoid using the Android application and do serious edits via Evernote Web, which doesn't have this issue (in my experience). You're welcome to open a support ticket, but since they are aware of this issue, all we can do is hope for the best through each update.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, kevingep said:

Unfortunately, this happens to me when I have only one app open at a time, on my Mac desktop. For my experience, I can firmly rule out the multiple-device cause.

I'm happy for you,  but clearly there's a reason for the duplicates and not just that Evernote is messing with your head.  If you're a subscriber,  try contacting Support...

On 2/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, gazumped said:

I'm happy for you,  but clearly there's a reason for the duplicates and not just that Evernote is messing with your head.  If you're a subscriber,  try contacting Support...

Please don't be happy for me. This issue is making me nuts!

• Haha 1