Cannot recover older version of note.

Hi all,

I inadvertently deleted a picture from a note and apparently it's lost forever. I couldn't undo the operation within the note and when I try to to restore the old version of that note (that was actually only that picture that I deleted) I get an empty note. I tried to recover both with EN Windows and EN Mac. How can I recover my note?

Thanks,

Gianluca

• Level 5*

Hi.  I suggest you reach out to Support (which is not us) so they can investigate.  Note History should include the image contents of a note as well as anything else.  If Support are unable to help and you've not been keeping system backups that might include your note database,  I'm not sure there's anything else available.  Is the image something that you might be able to re-clip?

• Level 5

Note history run for all accounts, independent from the plan. But access is only possible with a subscription.

Furthermore recovery is only possible if the note has already synced to the server before. If you just inserted the picture, and then lost it, it could be that the change has never reached the server. In this case it can’t be recovered.

I'm not sure if this will help or not but it may be worth a try,  Have you checked the online versions to see if it's there? The previous version doesn't have a trash bin in the web app, but the new version does. I don't know if it's the case for everyone else, but altogether I have 6 versions. Old and new desktop, old and new web app, old and new phone app. A change in one changes them all, but each does it a bit differently and at different times. It's worth checking if you haven't already, especially since the web app on the new version also has a recycle bin.

Hi, is it conceivable to reestablish a past adaptation of a document saved to OneDrive? (if it's not too much trouble, continue perusing prior to composing the answer...) I'm asking this on the grounds that on date 22 october, I opened OneNote from my telephone (Android) to add another note. Tragically, something turned out badly: my OneNote journal, synchronized on OneDrive, was totally supplanted by another vacant form. WTH, I had an immense measure of notes synchronized in there, presently seems like I lost every one of them... From the web point of interaction of OneDrive, assuming I right-click over my OneNote scratch pad, there is no "Rendition History" button. I composed an email to the Italian OneDrive help, posing this exact same inquiry: "is it conceivable to reestablish the past form?" They replyed that it was OneNote issue and that I ought to keep in touch with OneNote help. This isn't what I asked, damn it!!! Appears to me that I will ping ponged between various supports.... I'm almost certain my journal (with every one of its notes) actually exists on the OneDrive servers, some place... So I'm composing here, wanting to get some assistance. Much obliged to you for your time. 192.168.100.1 192.168.1

• Level 5

... you are aware that this is a forum dedicated to Evernote, not OneDrive ?

Furthermore you post into an open thread about another issue - called "hijacking" in forum talk. And no, we do not like it.

So I ask you to remove your post here.

Think about it, maybe go to a OneDrive-Forum, or open your own thread here by creating an initial posting.

• 1 year later...

How do I recover an old version of a note *using the Android phone app*?

I am a paid user, have been for years. 

I tried to select and "cut" text, and it is not on the clipboard. 

Also tried to sign into online version and cannot find my content anywhere ... ?!?

Any help appreciated - TIA 

Screenshot_20230423_165011_Evernote.jpg

Screenshot_20230423_165027_Evernote.jpg

• Level 5
18 hours ago, skipstocks said:

How do I recover an old version of a note *using the Android phone app*?

I am a paid user, have been for years. 

I tried to select and "cut" text, and it is not on the clipboard. 

Also tried to sign into online version and cannot find my content anywhere ... ?!?

Any help appreciated - TIA

Hi, and welcome to the forums. There are a couple of things going on here, seemingly, so I'll address what I understand. Which is mainly that the Android app does not have access to Note History, for some reason--I have run into this myself, and found it to be VERY inconvenient. As you've realized, you'll need to go to the Web version to do this. If you can't find any content there, the likelihood is that you've used the wrong username/email and/or password--which creates a new, empty account. Check your credentials and try again; hopefully you'll get in and be able to access the note's history. (And at some point it might be wise to delete the accidental new account--if you can remember the login!)