Add Notebook to Notes list view

macneilpi

Idea

When viewing my notes in a list to ensure I have added tags, I can easily see that tags have been applied to the note, but I cannot see what Notebook the note is in without selecting it. If there was a way to have the text name of the notebook, or some other way of distinguishing Notebooks when in Notes view, that would be great. Sometimes when emailing into EN, the Notes do not go to my default notebook and I have to go back and review that the note is in the correct notebook, moving it when necessary.

5 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, macneilpi said:

When viewing my notes in a list to ensure I have added tags, I can easily see that tags have been applied to the note, but I cannot see what Notebook the note is in without selecting it. If there was a way to have the text name of the notebook, or some other way of distinguishing Notebooks when in Notes view, that would be great. Sometimes when emailing into EN, the Notes do not go to my default notebook and I have to go back and review that the note is in the correct notebook, moving it when necessary.

I don't really understand what you want that the top list or side list view doesn't already gives you. Why EN insist on calling notebook "location" I have no idea.

image.thumb.png.afbeed1587ce96a72020666cee874808.png

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I don't really understand what you want that the top list or side list view doesn't already gives you. Why EN insist on calling notebook "location" I have no idea.

image.thumb.png.afbeed1587ce96a72020666cee874808.png

Not sure what “View” you are on there. I use EN for Mac and EN Web (equally as I can’t have EN installed on my work pc). When I select NOTES from the Home Screen, I see a list of notes by last updated that I scroll through to see if I tagged them already. It will list the first few tags, but doesn’t show what “location” they are in. 

For either web or desktop versions on V10 you should see three icons at the top of the note list. If you click the right hand icon (see image below) you get various options for the note list. Side list or top list give you a view like the one in my original snapshot.

image.png.67e69faae11868cb0ac40b5772abaea3.png

Mike, precisely. I'm suggesting that there be a location shown on Snippet view. Several of my notes I find quickly because of the attachments, so Snippet view works best for me!

Appreciate you helping me clarify.