• Evernote Expert

Not sure if you are referring to Evernote Home screen widgets or widgets added to the device desktop. 

I don't have a problem with either.

When adding a widget to the EN Home the add option is labelled Done in the to right hand corner. It is active when all the required settings have been configured.

Widgets on Desktop. It worked fine on tablet. On the phone, after selecting the widget, you get the dropdown asking which widget, then nothing. No button. The dropdown stays and only option is to quit the screen. Same version EN and Android. Different manufacturer. Looks good, could use it on the phone. I'll try some more troubleshooting tomorrow.

Long touch screen to bring up widgets menu. Scroll to Evernote. Choose Tasks widget. Widget Settings comes up with drop down asking me which Widget I want. I choose Tasks again. At this point, either nothing happens or Filter and Sort by drop downs appear. Defaults are fine, but no Done button. Choose other options. No Done button. No way to do anything else so I exit. Same with Notes and Shortcuts Widgets.
EN 10.26 (1120549) Android 11 on Moto G Fast Phone. Samsung tablet works as expected.

• Evernote Expert

Thanks for the clear process. This works for me as I would expect but not as you describe. But that might be a an Android version issue.

For me, as you describe until I choose the Tasks widget. For me I locate the Widget and have to drag it to the phones screen. It then loads automatically and configures itself as I would expect and displays on the screen.

Do you have sufficient space on the screen to display a 2x2 widget? That might create an issue.

EN 10.26, Android 11, OnePlus 8

FYI no probs with Android 11, EN 10.26 on my two middle class Samsung devices A50, Tab A. Widgets install as agsteele described. But after that inital update they do not update anymore until app is started and in foreground. App closed = no updates on widgets anymore due to missing push sync since EN10. But this is another problem...

• 10 months later...