Haven't used evernote since 2017; upgrade seems for the worse?

While the UI looks cleaner and the new Home Page feature looks pretty neat, it seems you can no longer select multiple tags at once to filter.  If I recall, we could only do multiple tag selects in the Web App (or was it the Desktop Client?).  It seems like you can't do it in either any more.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can someone please clarify?

On 2/9/2022 at 4:01 AM, suvn said:

While the UI looks cleaner and the new Home Page feature looks pretty neat, it seems you can no longer select multiple tags at once to filter.  If I recall, we could only do multiple tag selects in the Web App (or was it the Desktop Client?).  It seems like you can't do it in either any more.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can someone please clarify?

Yes, you can use multiple tags to filter: just click the filter icon in the top right corner of the left pane or alt-F2

• Like 2
9 hours ago, eric99 said:

Yes, you can use multiple tags to filter: just click the filter icon in the top right corner of the left pane or alt-F2

Worth mentioning that this will only give results which contain ALL the tags you have selected.

If you want ANY of the tags, you will need to fall back on the advanced search syntax. In legacy there was a much simpler way of doing this. For the record the search syntax is:

any: tag:tag_name1 tag:tag_name2

• Like 4

Why do so many people focus on "cleaner looking" when we're discussing a utility? 
I could have a much cleaner garage by hiding every single tool but does that make things that I do in the garage more efficient? 

I got a chuckle today when I logged in here to report something and read this note about the Android app. 

"Turn your phone’s home screen into your new productivity hub. Our new List widgets surface your most important notes and tasks, so you can take action in Evernote without even opening the app. 

Choose from the following widget configurations: 

Note List: Scroll through your notes or shortcuts and open them with a single tap...."

Meanwhile the tray icon in Windows has been a disaster since inception with all three right-click items present within the left click as well. , except on the left click, "Quit Evernote" is actually within a menu that is entirely empty except for "Quit Evernote". And where we used to be a short distance from customized buttons at the top of the note, we now have to travel with the mouse to the upper right and pull down a long list of items that can take you to the bottom of the screen before you find what you're looking for. 

All hail efficiency!

I really love old versions, what drawn me to use Evernote were 

- screen projection of my note , good for sharing ideas to my team

- a clean mode for web browsing eliminating all useless photos/ graphics

- manual update / batch update of notes, saving my notebook computing power and internet bandwidth

- a clean UI, yes, much cleaner than those useless beautified UI (what for showing less and slower on a useless desktop ?)

- pen stylus ( though I have an ipad now, but new Evernote simply makes pen stylus useless)

All these had gone.  

Time to consider alternatives.  It's a good strategy to kick away users.  

• Level 5

If an app is moving in a different direction to your use case (you mention presentation mode), it may be time for a change. Luckily EN gives you a long transition period by letting legacy installed in parallel (if you wish for). 

In case you want to switch use that transition period - we can only speculate when v10 will take over completely .